ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Union hang your heads in shame

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Union hang your heads in shame

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Duran wrote: ↑
11 Sep 2022, 16:19


Did you also inform them that if its too short notice for you. Agreement in place that any employees unable to attend due to short notice will face no repercussions. I can tell you for a fact managers didn’t


I finally checked my e-mails today (normally get about 30 with only one, or two, relevant) found the CWUs Concerning the Strike being cancelled.

All I'll say is: They went to the effort of trying to contact everyone .... they could have just added a paragraph at the bottom explaining about the "No Repercussions Promise" :hmmmm

They would then A) NOT have been accused of authorising an Un-Official Strike and B) Their members would have had all the facts and been able to make an informed choice. Whatever that may have been (go in and get paid or stay at home and not get paid).

As it is they seem to have upset a lot of members (Rightly or Wrongly) and caused a divide amoungst us all when we really need to be showing a united front! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Union hang your heads in shame

Post by k979aaa »

Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑
11 Sep 2022, 17:37
Duran wrote: ↑
11 Sep 2022, 16:19


Did you also inform them that if its too short notice for you. Agreement in place that any employees unable to attend due to short notice will face no repercussions. I can tell you for a fact managers didn’t


I finally checked my e-mails today (normally get about 30 with only one, or two, relevant) found the CWUs Concerning the Strike being cancelled.

All I'll say is: They went to the effort of trying to contact everyone .... they could have just added a paragraph at the bottom explaining about the "No Repercussions Promise" :hmmmm

They would then A) NOT have been accused of authorising an Un-Official Strike and B) Their members would have had all the facts and been able to make an informed choice. Whatever that may have been (go in and get paid or stay at home and not get paid).

As it is they seem to have upset a lot of members (Rightly or Wrongly) and caused a divide amoungst us all when we really need to be showing a united front! :cuppa
I agree with you.
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Union hang your heads in shame

Post by sindba »

I understand people who didn't go in because they had commitments, or even because they were already in the pub half cut when the news came in.

But to refuse to work just *because I don't want to* seems odd. I worked because it was a work day. I also think the decision was wrong.

But one thing is for sure. "Si" will be reading this thread and laughing, as he pours another brandy and plans his golf day tomorrow.