ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pidleypoo
Posts: 705
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by Pidleypoo »

Seems like a bit of a desperate tactic and possibly illegal one to me.
Pidleypoo
Posts: 705
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by Pidleypoo »

Seems like a bit of a desperate tactic and possibly illegal one to me.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4115
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by ted_e_bear »

blacov wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2022, 21:24
I must stress that this payslip apart from large deductions looks very strange, if not suspicious. Pay rate of £467.20 then basic pay of £378.81 and I am pretty sure it should be £467.20 too. Total assessable pay seems very large given that basic pay is only £378.81. It looks like this guy must be doing a lot of overtime but this payslip doesn't back it up. I am comparing it to my total pay and it's just a few hundred quid shy but my basic is much larger and I am no stranger to o/t
He must be doing some serious overtime, on a 30 hour contract he's got 8 grand more assessable pay than me and I'm on 37 hours although I haven't done much overtime.
broughts
Posts: 335
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by broughts »

It’s rubbish it’s right it’s just unauthorised pay for strike which is 12 which is right 2x6 hours ffs people don’t get sucked in
broughts
Posts: 335
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by broughts »

£2k above me I do ot and I’m a professional driver
postieblueshirt
Posts: 1241
Joined: 01 Oct 2019, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by postieblueshirt »

almost 9 grand more than me :oops:
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by sorefeet17 »

Over ten grand more than me :nervous and I'm on the same basic hours :crazy:
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by blacov »

sorefeet17 wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 15:44
Over ten grand more than me :nervous and I'm on the same basic hours :crazy:
Well I have strong feeling it is not a genuine payslip. Please pay attention to discrepancies I previously highlighted in relation to pay rate and basic pay. As well as very high total pay for someone on such a small basic pay. I am comparing it to myself and this is just a few hundred quid less than me and my basic is way higher (full time London) as well as regular OT. Can someone explain the discrepancies and why his take home pay in negative?
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by HTPostman »

postieblueshirt wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 14:58
almost 9 grand more than me :oops:
The accessible pay is almost 3 times mine :shock: I too have my doubts whether it’s genuine.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by koolishy67 »

His he already earned 19200 with IN a 5 months :shock:
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by RTP »

Check your hourly rate that has been deducted. It is far higher than it should be.
WildSandwich
Posts: 12
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 18:41
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by WildSandwich »

just checked mine,
basic pay works out at £12.61/hr
but 6hrs unpaid is -80.28 which works out at 13.38/hr

something not adding up, unless missed something
RTP
Posts: 863
Joined: 22 Apr 2011, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by RTP »

WildSandwich wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 19:18
just checked mine,
basic pay works out at £12.61/hr
but 6hrs unpaid is -80.28 which works out at 13.38/hr

something not adding up, unless missed something
I think your normal hourly rate is slightly below that. Something to do with the pensions and NI with the pensions, so the weekly basic top line is slightly inflated.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by aiden01 »

WildSandwich wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 19:18
just checked mine,
basic pay works out at £12.61/hr
but 6hrs unpaid is -80.28 which works out at 13.38/hr

something not adding up, unless missed something
Delivery supplement added in brings it up to 13.38/hr?
priority102
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 520
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
Gender: Female

Re: What's going on with this weeks pay? Members have had 4 strike days pay removed!

Post by priority102 »

KernowDeth wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2022, 22:07
I'm on a 20hr contract and was deducted 4hrs / £50.91

I only get paid for the hours I work so how can I be deducted anything
If you say you are on a 20 hour contract, how do you only get paid for the hours you work then? :hmmmm