ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

this weeks payslip

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Poole70
Posts: 21
Joined: 30 Jul 2015, 13:08
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by Poole70 »

Of course you don’t actually get paid for your day off ( as people have said already) … but if you weren’t scheduled to work on a strike day you should not get an unpaid absence deduction on your payslip for the strike day…
mgcfc89
Posts: 6
Joined: 27 Apr 2022, 19:59
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by mgcfc89 »

This happened to me. I got deducted 5 hours pay (25hour contract) even though my 5 days of work were Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Saturday. My rest day being Friday’s strike, why have I lost out?
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by mjd24 »

mgcfc89 wrote: ↑
02 Sep 2022, 01:42
This happened to me. I got deducted 5 hours pay (25hour contract) even though my 5 days of work were Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Saturday. My rest day being Friday’s strike, why have I lost out?
This clearly should not have happened. Have you spoken to your manager or HR?
mjd24
Posts: 1409
Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by mjd24 »

mgcfc89 wrote: ↑
02 Sep 2022, 01:42
This happened to me. I got deducted 5 hours pay (25hour contract) even though my 5 days of work were Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Saturday. My rest day being Friday’s strike, why have I lost out?
This clearly should not have happened. Have you spoken to your manager or HR?
Magoo46
Posts: 1
Joined: 31 Aug 2022, 21:48
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by Magoo46 »

Ok who can explain all this
Did 7hrs overtime covering other walks,
Also worked my rest day that week
Im on 30hrs aweek so 6hrs aday, yet they minus 7hrs30
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kazardaimenu
Posts: 1391
Joined: 13 Apr 2022, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by kazardaimenu »

Magoo46 wrote: ↑
04 Sep 2022, 22:06
Ok who can explain all this
Did 7hrs overtime covering other walks,
Also worked my rest day that week
Im on 30hrs aweek so 6hrs aday, yet they minus 7hrs30
What a shambles, should surely be 6 hours. Show your manager and get the hour and a half back.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by yellowbelly »

Magoo46 wrote: ↑
04 Sep 2022, 22:06
Ok who can explain all this
Did 7hrs overtime covering other walks,
Also worked my rest day that week
Im on 30hrs aweek so 6hrs aday, yet they minus 7hrs30
Even more bizarrely, although my final gross pay entry on both my on line and paper pay slips are the same for week 22/2023
the actual entries in the payments section differ between the two payslip versions.

My PSE Adj RMDCP AVC entry is missing from my paper pay slip, conversely the Lump Sum (NPen) and Other Payments deductions
are listed separately on the paper pay slip but combined as a single 'Other Payments' deduction on the electronic pay slip.
No wonder people get confused!!
ScousePostie
Posts: 273
Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by ScousePostie »

Does anyone here know why I may have, anyone else have the same? Not seen this before.

'PSE Adj RMDCP 6%' on the left side of the pay slip and 'RMDCP 6% EE' on the right side?
kazardaimenu
Posts: 1391
Joined: 13 Apr 2022, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by kazardaimenu »

ScousePostie wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2022, 22:13
Does anyone here know why I may have, anyone else have the same? Not seen this before.

'PSE Adj RMDCP 6%' on the left side of the pay slip and 'RMDCP 6% EE' on the right side?
Yeah I had this but not sure exactly why. Maybe some kind of adjustment.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by POSTMAN »

HR: Payslip Deductions for Industrial Action

Deductions for Industrial Action will show as ‘Unpaid Absence’ on pay slips.

The abatement figures is made up of basic pay plus any assigned allowances such as delivery supplement.

The number of hours abated is taken from employee work schedules on PSP. If employees believe the number of hours deducted is incorrect, they will need to contact their line manager who can check their work schedule on PSP and update information if required.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
yellowbelly
Posts: 3728
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by yellowbelly »

kazardaimenu wrote: ↑
07 Sep 2022, 06:11
ScousePostie wrote: ↑
06 Sep 2022, 22:13
Does anyone here know why I may have, anyone else have the same? Not seen this before.

'PSE Adj RMDCP 6%' on the left side of the pay slip and 'RMDCP 6% EE' on the right side?
Yeah I had this but not sure exactly why. Maybe some kind of adjustment.
It could be because any deductions due to either the strike and/or the claw back due to the enforced pay increase
means any PSP pension contributions you make take/have taken your hourly wage for the week before tax/NI below the National Minimum
Wage which is not allowed IIRC.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by Dorset Plodder »

So first port of call is .. contact manager so he can check PSP?

I've been telling everyone to contact payroll :d'oh!

Just checked the back of my payslip and there isn't even a payroll number anymore. :crazy: I suppose it's the usual, "You'll have to apply online" cop out? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
billyjaynelmes03
Posts: 2
Joined: 08 Sep 2022, 09:00
Gender: Male

Re: this weeks payslip

Post by billyjaynelmes03 »

Confused as hell with mine I’ve been off sick for a week which I know I don’t get sick pay just yet but I have had
£312 paid for overtime from last week
but then -229.97 for basic pay arrears
-5.02 fm supplement
-11.50 arrears of PSE
79.84 sick pay anyone shed any light 🤣
Left me with £168 overall don’t understand