ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bank holiday on day off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ali831
Posts: 268
Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 16:03
Gender: Female

Bank holiday on day off

Post by Ali831 »

If our day off falls on a bank holiday we have always had the option to take it as day off at another time, or be paid the hours. Due to the nightmare of trying to get it as a day off most of us ask for it to be paid. we have now been told this is no longer an option and it can only be credited as a day off to our leave entitlement. Anyone else been told this or has it always been that way for your office??
Frankie15
Posts: 200
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by Frankie15 »

Nothing said at our office and its my day off on Monday. They'll probably wait until Saturday to drop that wee bombshell. If they do I'll ask for next Wednesday as my day in lieu. The bastards just love to get one over us
Ali831
Posts: 268
Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 16:03
Gender: Female

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by Ali831 »

We were only told today and apparently it came from senior management to all offices??
Frankie15
Posts: 200
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by Frankie15 »

I asked our boss and he said he heard nothing about any change. We always get paid for it if that's what we want. But as I say they make changes when it suits them. Just like changing the hours of a short Tuesday after a Bank Holiday to the hours of the Monday or Wednesday to avoid anyone cutting off on a double whammy day!!!
kazardaimenu
Posts: 1391
Joined: 13 Apr 2022, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by kazardaimenu »

Still not been paid out for the last two. Might just have to take these as lieu days after the September strike if they want to play silly buggers.
pieoftheday
Posts: 1843
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by pieoftheday »

I've never known the option to be paid the hours instead of a day off later at the office I'm at, I wonder if things like this are local agreements?
billycat
Posts: 140
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 20:40
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by billycat »

Email sent to all managers no payment for bank holiday monday , rep has told manager no problem as long as everybody is given an alternative day off next week if this doesn't happen a grievance form for the office will be submitted as i left today our manager was trying to get hold of his boss there was 11 agency workers in today average 11 parcels for five hours work our manager has told us he has to find them work he cannot believe royal mail are pleading poverty while throwing money out of the window.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by korky »

pieoftheday wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 19:00
I've never known the option to be paid the hours instead of a day off later at the office I'm at, I wonder if things like this are local agreements?
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Tim ... ummary.pdf
GoPosties78
Posts: 4
Joined: 24 Mar 2022, 22:10
Gender: Female

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by GoPosties78 »

We have been told the same but they have said that the day off in lieu will be credited to next years annual leave.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by korky »

that's not the policy though, day off same week to be offered, if not you pick pay or credit
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by k979aaa »

If you cannot get leave why not just take it, It is just the same as imposing a 2% pay rise is it not it is your leave just because they cannot plan is it your fault and cannot get leave when needed!
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by chickenwittle »

Can anyone confirm anything on this , it’s my rest day bank holiday Monday , if my manager imposes a day in lieu rather than a days overtime am I entitled to a day off the same week and is there any documentation to back this up ?
pieoftheday
Posts: 1843
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by pieoftheday »

korky wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 19:32
pieoftheday wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2022, 19:00
I've never known the option to be paid the hours instead of a day off later at the office I'm at, I wonder if things like this are local agreements?
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Tim ... ummary.pdf
Ta for that :Very Happy
pieoftheday
Posts: 1843
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by pieoftheday »

chickenwittle wrote: ↑
28 Aug 2022, 10:06
Can anyone confirm anything on this , it’s my rest day bank holiday Monday , if my manager imposes a day in lieu rather than a days overtime am I entitled to a day off the same week and is there any documentation to back this up ?
Yep, scroll up a bit
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Re: Bank holiday on day off

Post by chickenwittle »

pieoftheday wrote: ↑
28 Aug 2022, 10:17
chickenwittle wrote: ↑
28 Aug 2022, 10:06
Can anyone confirm anything on this , it’s my rest day bank holiday Monday , if my manager imposes a day in lieu rather than a days overtime am I entitled to a day off the same week and is there any documentation to back this up ?
Yep, scroll up a bit
Thank you , I’m assuming if my manager doesn’t honour this , I can take out a grievance ?