ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
This morning my van was parked on the street, so I brought it in to load behind the smoking area, as the car park was full of staff cars (a lot of them move their car into the space they move their van out of.) Overheard a chat between a Lino and the COM in which the COM claimed he'd told the "higher ups" that they'd lose half their workforce if they pushed all the changes through, and the CWU wouldn't stand for it. Allegedly he was told not to worry about the union as "Truss will crush them all."
So that's nice
(Edit: if you're wondering how I've finished so early I haven't, seemingly my van share partner is lost)
So that's nice
(Edit: if you're wondering how I've finished so early I haven't, seemingly my van share partner is lost)
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
If your plan is for Liz Truss to stand firmly on anything, than it's not really much of a plan.
Went from being Lib Dem to Tory, from strong Remain to Leave. We're replacing a man dedicated to Team Boris to a woman dedicated to Team Liz.
Went from being Lib Dem to Tory, from strong Remain to Leave. We're replacing a man dedicated to Team Boris to a woman dedicated to Team Liz.
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
I agree, and from the sounds of it so does our COM. The attitude from on high seems consistent with the dreadful messages they're doing out on their twitter
-
Skuse
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Jun 2013, 18:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
Don’t worry these Tory clowns won’t be in in 2024 and hopefully Labour will have a proper leader in place !!
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
If last time is anything to go by, Labour will decide to in-flight and disagree with itself over everything for the entire run up to an election, and the people will see them as a liability.
-
blue1873
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 8900
- Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
We live in hope but I can't for the life of me see where Labour
are going to find a Leader from . Sorry but Keir Starmer just
doesn't cut the mustard for me maybe I haven't paid enough
attention to the House of Commons but for what its worth
I don't see anyone on either side of the chamber who comes
across as a strong and positive Prime Minister .
-
kookoo32
- Posts: 187
- Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: scotland
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
People worse than Truss (yup I mean Maggie) have tried to crush the unions and it's never worked. So she can do one.
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
So, would you rather have the Tories again for 5 more glorious years or Labour with Keir Starmer?blue1873 wrote: ↑18 Aug 2022, 15:21We live in hope but I can't for the life of me see where Labour
are going to find a Leader from . Sorry but Keir Starmer just
doesn't cut the mustard for me maybe I haven't paid enough
attention to the House of Commons but for what its worth
I don't see anyone on either side of the chamber who comes
across as a strong and positive Prime Minister .
-
sindba
- Posts: 1456
- Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
"Truss will crush them"! LOL. Have you SEEN Liz Truss?
The right to withdraw your labour is a fundamental human right. Not many governments have banned strikes and survived to tell the tale.
As for Starmer, I like him a lot. Steady, sensible, boring. Safe pair of hands. Exactly what the country needs right now, with crisis and decline everywhere you look.
The right to withdraw your labour is a fundamental human right. Not many governments have banned strikes and survived to tell the tale.
As for Starmer, I like him a lot. Steady, sensible, boring. Safe pair of hands. Exactly what the country needs right now, with crisis and decline everywhere you look.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
Mad isn’t it that out of how many millions you got the choice out of two people. I do love me some democracy.DiamondSmiles wrote: ↑18 Aug 2022, 15:30So, would you rather have the Tories again for 5 more glorious years or Labour with Keir Starmer?blue1873 wrote: ↑18 Aug 2022, 15:21We live in hope but I can't for the life of me see where Labour
are going to find a Leader from . Sorry but Keir Starmer just
doesn't cut the mustard for me maybe I haven't paid enough
attention to the House of Commons but for what its worth
I don't see anyone on either side of the chamber who comes
across as a strong and positive Prime Minister .
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
If they pushed the changes through then they would lose a huge % of staff.
Many staff have other commitments, such as picking up kids from school, second jobs. It would not work for them. There will be other jobs available that have had a 9%+ pay increase and would therefore be more appealing to switch to. Some may struggle to live on just a 3.5% pay rise which is what we'd get if the changes were forced through. Forget the 2% bonus as they understaff us - targets would never be hit.
Many staff have other commitments, such as picking up kids from school, second jobs. It would not work for them. There will be other jobs available that have had a 9%+ pay increase and would therefore be more appealing to switch to. Some may struggle to live on just a 3.5% pay rise which is what we'd get if the changes were forced through. Forget the 2% bonus as they understaff us - targets would never be hit.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
Can't see it happening anytime soon, the party is divided, it's not a government in waiting that's for sure.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Schiff
- Posts: 544
- Joined: 01 Nov 2016, 22:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
If Labour do get in it will be because they have successfully appeled to millions of people who voted Tory last time around. If that happens then it definitely won't be with a radical left wing manifesto.
-
priority102
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Overheard something I wasn't supposed to...
That really is wishful thinking.
I would love to agree with you, but every time you look at Starmer you see a man who is totally out of his depth - his face alone tells you that. I picture him going home and once inside just sitting on his own burying his head in his hands and shouting WTF. Totally bereft of ideas, no doubt had and has good ideas but with the current people around him he's got no chance.
Labour (and Starmer) should be storming ahead given what has happened recently but it isn't happening.