ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Door to Doors

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
abuch1980
Posts: 226
Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
Gender: Male

Door to Doors

Post by abuch1980 »

QQ.. Are most offices clearing there's by Saturday now ? Or are just taking them when we have a stamped letter for that address. ??? :cuppa
hans solo
Posts: 3291
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: Door to Doors

Post by hans solo »

rolling over into following week
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Door to Doors

Post by clashcityrocker »

All clear by the end of the week.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4115
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Door to Doors

Post by ted_e_bear »

I'm pretty sure when the customer takes out the contract it's specified it'll be delivered in that specific week, however at our place we're still rolling them over into following weeks if there's no mail for the same address, no one has been pulled for it, presumably the manager can't be arsed which is also his attitude to most aspects of his job, maybe if a customer ever complains that may change.
abuch1980
Posts: 226
Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
Gender: Male

Re: Door to Doors

Post by abuch1980 »

I wouldn't blame any postie that leaves them in the frame for the following week even if they aren't on that duty the next week. Should only take them were you are going to anyway is my philosophy. Unless of course their is a date the offer on the flyer expires then it's got to go out ?
kazardaimenu
Posts: 1391
Joined: 13 Apr 2022, 19:11
Gender: Male

Re: Door to Doors

Post by kazardaimenu »

I have a growing pile of them next to my frame. I’m on a part time contract and been going over or just in time on delivery every day. Meant to be having the duty prepped in for me getting in during the summer but that only happens half the time and the door to doors are never touched. Don’t think any will be getting delivered until I’m back on earlies or the night shift staff get bored.
zombiepostman
Posts: 41
Joined: 17 Apr 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

Re: Door to Doors

Post by zombiepostman »

We have been told no rolling over have to be cleared every week (every office is different what a surprise)
abuch1980
Posts: 226
Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
Gender: Male

Re: Door to Doors

Post by abuch1980 »

:cuppa every office.. and every postie does the duties differently!
Wolf91
Posts: 506
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Door to Doors

Post by Wolf91 »

I tell my manager I ain’t got time to throw them in.
So he throws them in for me. I then take them throughout the week but only where I’m going that given day. They’re gone by the end of week every time.
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Re: Door to Doors

Post by chickenwittle »

Nobody cares anymore, do as you please.
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Re: Door to Doors

Post by greengiant »

Launching them straight onto the york of "excess" d2ds.. :d'oh!
Fannybaws
Posts: 82
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 06:20
Gender: Female

Re: Door to Doors

Post by Fannybaws »

Wolf91 wrote: ↑
14 Aug 2022, 20:39
I tell my manager I ain’t got time to throw them in.
So he throws them in for me. I then take them throughout the week but only where I’m going that given day. They’re gone by the end of week every time.
How about throwing them in yourself and then cutting off because you haven't got enough time to complete your outdoor work?

Much easier to throw D2D's in than pound the street for an extra 20-30 minutes each day.
Wolf91
Posts: 506
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Door to Doors

Post by Wolf91 »

Fannybaws wrote: ↑
15 Aug 2022, 18:12
Wolf91 wrote: ↑
14 Aug 2022, 20:39
I tell my manager I ain’t got time to throw them in.
So he throws them in for me. I then take them throughout the week but only where I’m going that given day. They’re gone by the end of week every time.
How about throwing them in yourself and then cutting off because you haven't got enough time to complete your outdoor work?

Much easier to throw D2D's in than pound the street for an extra 20-30 minutes each day.
True and while you have a point and I do know exactly why you’re saying that, we know the reality is a little bit different.
700+ drops 2/3 door to doors doesn’t take 20 mins, more like 1-1/2 hours. Personally hate throwing them in too.
fed_up_postie
Posts: 154
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: lost in space

Re: Door to Doors

Post by fed_up_postie »

Any not done in our office are cleared up on the Sunday by the postie who's turn it is to put the new ones out, no idea where they end up but would guess in the biffa bins in the yard
Fannybaws
Posts: 82
Joined: 07 Sep 2014, 06:20
Gender: Female

Re: Door to Doors

Post by Fannybaws »

Wolf91 wrote: ↑
15 Aug 2022, 18:55
Fannybaws wrote: ↑
15 Aug 2022, 18:12
Wolf91 wrote: ↑
14 Aug 2022, 20:39
I tell my manager I ain’t got time to throw them in.
So he throws them in for me. I then take them throughout the week but only where I’m going that given day. They’re gone by the end of week every time.
How about throwing them in yourself and then cutting off because you haven't got enough time to complete your outdoor work?

Much easier to throw D2D's in than pound the street for an extra 20-30 minutes each day.
True and while you have a point and I do know exactly why you’re saying that, we know the reality is a little bit different.
700+ drops 2/3 door to doors doesn’t take 20 mins, more like 1-1/2 hours. Personally hate throwing them in too.
20% per day is around 20-30 minutes and if you manager is doing them they are then fudging the office hours and doing OPG work which is against the rules.

Personally would prefer to do that 30 minutes indoors than carrying a bag for an extra 30 outdoors. This is why the company is in such a mess, no one wants to do exactly what they are supposed to do just their own interpretation of what's supposed to be done.