When you buy a new front door, you are asked to choose everything. Any glass, type of glass, location of glass, door handle, letterbox typye and location of letterbox.
doors are made to order, aling with the frame. one size doesn't fit all.
Maybe new builds are different but i would say it is people buying a door that are deciding to have it at the bottom.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
no house No. displayed
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Re: no house No. displayed
It is. Many like fancy glass or patterns that mean the letterbox has to go at the bottom.Partyondude wrote: ↑14 Aug 2022, 08:49When you buy a new front door, you are asked to choose everything. Any glass, type of glass, location of glass, door handle, letterbox typye and location of letterbox.
doors are made to order, aling with the frame. one size doesn't fit all.
Maybe new builds are different but i would say it is people buying a door that are deciding to have it at the bottom.
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: no house No. displayed
Kill it off, send it back.
Normally if someone’s made a muddle of an address but theres a postcode/street I try and put 2 and 2 together, or leave it in the frame till I get a name match.
Failing that, kill it off.
Slightly off topic but the people who name their houses: I’ve got about 20 ‘Wits End’ properties on my walk.
I suppose the old ones are the gold ones.
Normally if someone’s made a muddle of an address but theres a postcode/street I try and put 2 and 2 together, or leave it in the frame till I get a name match.
Failing that, kill it off.
Slightly off topic but the people who name their houses: I’ve got about 20 ‘Wits End’ properties on my walk.
I suppose the old ones are the gold ones.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: no house No. displayed
I sometimes think it’s the only way people will learn. If they can’t be bothered to get their house number/name displayed, can’t be bothered to get an access point sorted, don’t have time to spend 20 seconds editing their online shopping account with their actual address, then the only way they’ll learn is by sending it straight back.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: no house No. displayed
I do a lapsed walk that has 2 properties that expect you to press their ring doorbell before they open the electric gate so you can put the mail in their box. We should just refuse to go there but we get told off if we bring it back. Some days you wait 3-4 minutes to be let in so you can poke a D2D in
-
xPandabear1992x
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: no house No. displayed
Concur.HTPostman wrote: ↑18 Aug 2022, 21:26I sometimes think it’s the only way people will learn. If they can’t be bothered to get their house number/name displayed, can’t be bothered to get an access point sorted, don’t have time to spend 20 seconds editing their online shopping account with their actual address, then the only way they’ll learn is by sending it straight back.