ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Private use of RM van

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Private use of RM van

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Surely he would be in breach of the insurance policy
There isn't an insurance policy to be in breach of.
I doubt the insurance company would pay out
There isn't an insurance company to pay out.

Royal Mail pays all third party claims directly.
In order to make this legal they have to post a bond with the government, it's quite common among large fleet operators.

That's why you can't be "uninsured".
Only dead fish follow the current
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Re: Private use of RM van

Post by luddite »

True Woody,
A while back a car collided with my van, no fault of mine as I was parked legally. The copper who attended told us both to present our documents to the nearest police station. I duly turned up and the desk sergeant asked where my insurance documents were, I explained that I didn't have any as I worked for RM. He sent me away to get them from my employer as if I couldn't produce them I was uninsured! My manager sent me back to explain this, different copper on the desk who said that every driver must produce insurance documents when asked!
It took my manager attending an interview with the sergeant to explain and produce an email from his manager that as an employee of RM I most certainly was insured!
Cucumber
Posts: 1052
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:24
Gender: Female

Re: Private use of RM van

Post by Cucumber »

If RM were being particularly tenacious, would they not go down the TWOC route with plod?
Woody Guthrie
Posts: 5166
Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Private use of RM van

Post by Woody Guthrie »

Cucumber wrote: ↑
23 Jul 2022, 13:21
If RM were being particularly tenacious, would they not go down the TWOC route with plod?
It is technically possible as you can be guilty under Section 12 of the Theft Act even if you originally have permission for a limited time or purpose but continue to use that vehicle beyond its designated purpose,.

Also so can any passenger..

Doubtful RM would go down that route but like I said technically possible.
Only dead fish follow the current
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16709
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Private use of RM van

Post by clashcityrocker »

Fancy getting arrested for touching the dog's arse in a RM van.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.