Sorry I meant when 3 walk is lapsed, not 3 walks lapped lol. My manager suggested leaving mail in a school 1/2 way into delivery, which could work except only in term time.Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑20 Jul 2022, 18:14That does seem to be a lot of walking, I think out longest HCT Duty is 11 miles. To save that 25-35 mins can't you get a resupply drop arranged? That's what our HCT/LWT guys do. Either phone a van for a pre-bagged drop, or arrange to have your second load dropped off at a secure location.Dingo99 wrote: ↑20 Jul 2022, 15:25
I wish is was like this in my DO, on average according to Huawei App I do 13-14 miles a dayl I did 15 once! Mind you I often have to have two trolleys and lose 25-35 mins walking back to DO to load up with next lot and when lapsing 3 duty for e.g(we are a small office of only 9 duties) I get 82 delivery points , pi55 take!![]()
I take it when you say, "Lapsing 3 Duty" you don't mean 3 Duties which seems excessive in a DO of only 9 Duties in total.
Try not to be too specific with your posts, all DOs are set up differently. So it's sometimes difficult to understand and you don't what to bubble yourself if you upset the RM Spotters!![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Exhausted
-
Dingo99
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Exhausted
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Exhausted
Do a bit of research yourself for a suitable Drop Off Point, it's worth it just to save you the extra walking. I take there'd be resistance to asking any of the van drivers to resupply you? I wouldn't ask the drivers but perhaps your DOM.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dingo99
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Exhausted
Yeah it would be brilliant, I asked van driver (does heavy and large that trolley duties can't take and then 300 and a bit delivery points rural delivery) and he said he didn't want to set a precedent, I'll ask manager if he ever shows up, I was under the impression that you couldn't leave mail in people's secure sheds etc like in the old days when we had push bikes?Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑21 Jul 2022, 18:24Do a bit of research yourself for a suitable Drop Off Point, it's worth it just to save you the extra walking. I take there'd be resistance to asking any of the van drivers to resupply you? I wouldn't ask the drivers but perhaps your DOM.![]()
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Exhausted
In theory I don't think you are. However if it's secure I can't see the problem. RM is great at making sweeping statements, with no idea how we work in the real world. Try selling it to your Absent Manager by the fact it'll save him 25 minutes pressure OT every day.Dingo99 wrote: ↑21 Jul 2022, 19:39
Yeah it would be brilliant, I asked van driver (does heavy and large that trolley duties can't take and then 300 and a bit delivery points rural delivery) and he said he didn't want to set a precedent, I'll ask manager if he ever shows up, I was under the impression that you couldn't leave mail in people's secure sheds etc like in the old days when we had push bikes?
As for your Van Driver "setting a precident",
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dingo99
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 14:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Exhausted
Lol, I only have a DOM (or COM whatever they are now), don't know about absence manager)... I know why the van driver I asked years ago didn't want ot do it is because he finishes at like 16:30 on a light Tuesday, he is a lovely time served postie but he is so slow and unorganised, apart from last Tuesday, the only time I would ever see him in the office (before COVID and increased workloads) before knocking off was Christmas Eve.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Exhausted
Can't your DOM get one of the big green metal boxes and get permission off the council to stick it next to a lamp post somewhereDingo99 wrote: ↑21 Jul 2022, 19:39Yeah it would be brilliant, I asked van driver (does heavy and large that trolley duties can't take and then 300 and a bit delivery points rural delivery) and he said he didn't want to set a precedent, I'll ask manager if he ever shows up, I was under the impression that you couldn't leave mail in people's secure sheds etc like in the old days when we had push bikes?
on a quieter street. We've got two of them. Dogs tend to use it to p*ss up against though.
Mind one did get rolled on it's side by the local ragamuffins.