ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Paying someone for their walk!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

Re: Paying someone for their walk!

Post by Route1 »

Jamespostman wrote: ↑
27 Jun 2022, 15:49
I am currently doing a walk which I really enjoy (the usual postie is off sick). Is it unheard of to offer someone a cash incentive to swap rounds? I’m currently a reserve on a 26.5hr contract and might ask if they’d like to be a reserve and give up their round.

Thoughts?
Wont work.

If the postie gave up the duty to be a reserve, the duty would be advertised internally with the the most senior postie applying getting the duty.