ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
-
srilfc2013
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
£104 after tax VOTE YES
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 754
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
So if it had been tax free you'd have voted "no"?
So many moaning about they didn't want the lump sum and now so many moaning it wasn't what they expected. Hypocrites.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
Lighten up ffs.
I don't think anyone is happy with an imposed 2% pay rise that's actually a pay cut.
It's just funny that it's even more s**t than the s**t they said it would be and after the tax and NI has gone unbelievably laughably s**t.
I think that's the real substance of the thread unless I'm missing something.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
srilfc2013
- Posts: 77
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
I was always voting YES, my point was if this is from April to August then this works out at about £5 pay rise per week. I was trying to point out what only 2% gets you after tax. I wasn't moaning but maybe I should have been more specific @smok3y666
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Re: Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
Quite right as usual Woody.Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 14:58Lighten up ffs.
I don't think anyone is happy with an imposed 2% pay rise that's actually a pay cut.
It's just funny that it's even more s**t than the s**t they said it would be and after the tax and NI has gone unbelievably laughably s**t.
I think that's the real substance of the thread unless I'm missing something.
-
jagger
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 23 Sep 2008, 13:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
Surely the whole thread was about someone expecting to get money without having to pay tax on it.mjd24 wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 16:21Quite right as usual Woody.Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 14:58Lighten up ffs.
I don't think anyone is happy with an imposed 2% pay rise that's actually a pay cut.
It's just funny that it's even more s**t than the s**t they said it would be and after the tax and NI has gone unbelievably laughably s**t.
I think that's the real substance of the thread unless I'm missing something.
And then thinking it was Royal Mail that took the tax.
-
HairyHobbit
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 29 Aug 2021, 10:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
No, Woody was right. The point was that £100 after tax, especially imposed through executive action, is not enoughjagger wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 22:20Surely the whole thread was about someone expecting to get money without having to pay tax on it.mjd24 wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 16:21Quite right as usual Woody.Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 14:58Lighten up ffs.
I don't think anyone is happy with an imposed 2% pay rise that's actually a pay cut.
It's just funny that it's even more s**t than the s**t they said it would be and after the tax and NI has gone unbelievably laughably s**t.
I think that's the real substance of the thread unless I'm missing something.
And then thinking it was Royal Mail that took the tax.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
Point being is if it was after the 6 of july we would not have paid as much NIC'S but I guess they knew that and said here's your back pay now f**k OFF posties!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
And how much nic,s after 6th july would we save?? Explain very little fs point is they have just brought the 2% in by ea ( exectutive action) an heres your back pay in advance. now you have no choice.EXCEPT TO VOTE YES IF YOU WANT A DECENT RISE we all think diff but would not except less than 5%.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Lump sum is on payslips but just about half of mine got taxed, thanks RM
Everyone's pay is different but the change will benefit anyone on less that £37000 a year and the less you earn the more you save but alas RM decided we did not deserve it and the government did you can go on this government site and see for yourself. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/estimate-ho ... affect-youaiden01 wrote: ↑29 Jun 2022, 23:24And how much nic,s after 6th july would we save?? Explain very little fs point is they have just brought the 2% in by ea ( exectutive action) an heres your back pay in advance. now you have no choice.EXCEPT TO VOTE YES IF YOU WANT A DECENT RISE we all think diff but would not except less than 5%.