ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RMCtv : Nick Landon : Feedback on the rollout of photos on delivery and how that will best work alongside longstanding local safeplace instructions : ***Update 3 Apr***
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Nick Landon : Feedback on the rollout of photos on delivery and how that will best work alongside longstanding local safeplace instructions : ***Update 3 Apr***
The management seem to have done a 360 degree turn, going from don't use a safeplace unless you get an inflight message, to you can leave it anywhere, apart from bins etc, with no repercussions if you get a DoR etc which seems even laxer than the pre-photo capture rules.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Nick Landon : Feedback on the rollout of photos on delivery and how that will best work alongside longstanding local safeplace instructions
Thanks Nick and ‘team’ for listening to me and following my suggestion almost to the letter. I’ve plenty more good ideas!HTPostman wrote: ↑24 Mar 2022, 00:30To me it’s incredibly simple:
1. Attempt delivery, and take a photo as required if someone in.
2. If no answer but PDA gives a safe place, safe place it (with photo).
3. No answer, no safe place but you have a long-standing agreement or there’s a sensible safe place? Leave there and photo it. A sensible safe place is a shed, garage, greenhouse especially out in rural areas. A silly safe place is a bin, doorstep or if it’s a particularly rough area.
Any complaint comes in goes on file (walk log?) and items to that address are P739d from now on.
IMO it means we keep local agreements, callers office isn’t swamped, and most recipients get their item the day of delivery (100% first time delivery right Simon?).
Still a bit confused as to why the huge change of heart. I’ll file that next to the ‘why is the company buying back shares’ mystery.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Nick Landon : Feedback on the rollout of photos on delivery and how that will best work alongside longstanding local safeplace instructions
It always seems to be the way with RM. I have an image of a boardroom of bright young things, non of whom have any experience of delivering the mail. They all come up with with brilliant "New" ideas of how to deliver the mail. Those ideas are "Signed off" by those at the top, who also have no experience of delivering the mail.
Much time, and effort, is spent distributing RMShiteTV videos and Letters To Branch. Pats on the head are given. Give it a week of using their "New" ideas and SURPRISE! They don't work and just cause even more delivery problems.
So Experienced Posties (that do have Experience of delivering the mail for years) revert to what they've been doing for years.... because it works. Management throw their hands in the air in frustration and say, "Oh just get on with what you used to do" and we're all OK until the next bright idea! I sometimes think we're our own worst enemy because we carry on with our old practices, when Management think it's their new ideas that are working. I haven't the heart to tell them.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
smartin1982
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 03 Sep 2020, 16:32
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Nick Landon : Feedback on the rollout of photos on delivery and how that will best work alongside longstanding local safeplace instructions
Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑05 Apr 2022, 10:15It always seems to be the way with RM. I have an image of a boardroom of bright young things, non of whom have any experience of delivering the mail. They all come up with with brilliant "New" ideas of how to deliver the mail. Those ideas are "Signed off" by those at the top, who also have no experience of delivering the mail.![]()
Much time, and effort, is spent distributing RMShiteTV videos and Letters To Branch. Pats on the head are given. Give it a week of using their "New" ideas and SURPRISE! They don't work and just cause even more delivery problems.
MThis is exactly how it happens . I’ve seen it first hand in previous jobs.
Unfortunately, it’s generally how most companies operate. Too many people in meetings talking for talkings sake, just to be noticed. They have this obsession with what they call “continuous improvement” so have people, on rather large salaries and who are too dumb lacking in common sense to have planned out all eventualities, coming up with and implementing hairbrained schemes. They always flop. They don’t do the planning.
Hence now this change back. Any postperson, or even line manager, could have predicted the massive spike in 739s and the impact on relations this has had out on the street. It’s embarrassing.
Honestly, if you struggle with the volume of idiots we have to deal with on a daily basis, console yourself that you’re not any higher up, . It’s much worse.
-
smartin1982
- Posts: 153
- Joined: 03 Sep 2020, 16:32
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Nick Landon : Feedback on the rollout of photos on delivery and how that will best work alongside longstanding local safeplace instructions
smartin1982 wrote: ↑05 Apr 2022, 18:18Dorset Plodder wrote: ↑05 Apr 2022, 10:15
It always seems to be the way with RM. I have an image of a boardroom of bright young things, non of whom have any experience of delivering the mail. They all come up with with brilliant "New" ideas of how to deliver the mail. Those ideas are "Signed off" by those at the top, who also have no experience of delivering the mail.![]()
Much time, and effort, is spent distributing RMShiteTV videos and Letters To Branch. Pats on the head are given. Give it a week of using their "New" ideas and SURPRISE! They don't work and just cause even more delivery problems.
MThis is exactly how it happens . I’ve seen it first hand in previous jobs.
Unfortunately, it’s generally how most companies operate. Too many people in meetings talking for talkings sake, just to be noticed. They have this obsession with what they call “continuous improvement” so have people, on rather large salaries and who are too dumb lacking in common sense to have planned out all eventualities, coming up with and implementing hairbrained schemes. They always flop. They don’t do the planning.
Hence now this change back. Any postperson, or even line manager, could have predicted the massive spike in 739s and the impact on relations this has had out on the street. It’s embarrassing.
Honestly, if you struggle with the volume of idiots we have to deal with on a daily basis, console yourself that you’re not any higher up, . It’s much worse.
Obviously i have no idea what is actually happening in RM and am only talking about previous experience in roles I’ve held in other companies.
-
lofarl
- Posts: 48
- Joined: 25 Feb 2010, 16:08
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Nick Landon : Feedback on the rollout of photos on delivery and how that will best work alongside longstanding local safeplace instructions : ***Update 3 Apr***
Had an issue today as regards to this whole pallaver. I do the job as requested. No blue bins etc, except for today. Today I was asked by a customer from their upstairs window if I could leave packet at the back door, They were just out of hospital from a operation and the husband would be back soon. It's in a nice area and I've been their postie for long enough so I am not worried about any denial claim.
But what are we meant to do if people are in, but unable to come to the door? There was something in the faq about covid, but I can't find it here anymore. But there are numerous reasons why people are not able to open their doors, working, illness or being naked and about to jump in the shower. Not everyone has sheds, or greenhouses we can leave stuff in. I understand that we can just ignore notes, like leave in bin etc. But when you are talking to a person a few feet away. It's a bit different.
Also what about ringdoor bells now? Numerous times, people have popped up on them and asked me to leave in shed etc. I've told them that's not possible because it needs to be on the PDA. I take it that's now changed.
But what are we meant to do if people are in, but unable to come to the door? There was something in the faq about covid, but I can't find it here anymore. But there are numerous reasons why people are not able to open their doors, working, illness or being naked and about to jump in the shower. Not everyone has sheds, or greenhouses we can leave stuff in. I understand that we can just ignore notes, like leave in bin etc. But when you are talking to a person a few feet away. It's a bit different.
Also what about ringdoor bells now? Numerous times, people have popped up on them and asked me to leave in shed etc. I've told them that's not possible because it needs to be on the PDA. I take it that's now changed.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Nick Landon : Feedback on the rollout of photos on delivery and how that will best work alongside longstanding local safeplace instructions : ***Update 3 Apr***
That 'could' 'possibly' come under this...
Only if there is an agreement can items be left in non-selected SafePlace
locations.
https://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... .04.22.pdf
I don't think EVERY photo is going to be looked at.
Also...
It is acknowledged that this change to the Standard Operating Procedure is based on a pre-existing agreement or understanding between the receiving customer and with the sole discretion of the delivery OPG, using their knowledge and experience.
Only if there is an agreement can items be left in non-selected SafePlace
locations.
https://www.cwu.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... .04.22.pdf
I don't think EVERY photo is going to be looked at.
Also...
It is acknowledged that this change to the Standard Operating Procedure is based on a pre-existing agreement or understanding between the receiving customer and with the sole discretion of the delivery OPG, using their knowledge and experience.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Re: RMCtv : Nick Landon : Feedback on the rollout of photos on delivery and how that will best work alongside longstanding local safeplace instructions : ***Update 3 Apr***
Just scan it, safeplace, other- write instructions theyve just told you, take pic of parcel.lofarl wrote: ↑06 Apr 2022, 20:01Had an issue today as regards to this whole pallaver. I do the job as requested. No blue bins etc, except for today. Today I was asked by a customer from their upstairs window if I could leave packet at the back door, They were just out of hospital from a operation and the husband would be back soon. It's in a nice area and I've been their postie for long enough so I am not worried about any denial claim.
But what are we meant to do if people are in, but unable to come to the door? There was something in the faq about covid, but I can't find it here anymore. But there are numerous reasons why people are not able to open their doors, working, illness or being naked and about to jump in the shower. Not everyone has sheds, or greenhouses we can leave stuff in. I understand that we can just ignore notes, like leave in bin etc. But when you are talking to a person a few feet away. It's a bit different.
Also what about ringdoor bells now? Numerous times, people have popped up on them and asked me to leave in shed etc. I've told them that's not possible because it needs to be on the PDA. I take it that's now changed.