ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RO+N app on PDA no longer works

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
upsydaisy
Posts: 22
Joined: 11 Apr 2011, 15:00
Gender: Female

Re: RO+N app on PDA no longer works

Post by upsydaisy »

You can't as it takes you straight to the scanning page as soon as you swipe attended. Whoever thought it up is crazy.
Foxel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 514
Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: RO+N app on PDA no longer works

Post by Foxel »

I've never needed a delivery route number for RON, used it today and it was the same as it's always been for me. As long as there is a start postcode in, I can just start scanning 2d barcodes. I'm now fearing an update.

I just then go to outdoor and scan the parcel as I would if not using RON.
I'm turning purple!
irishgerry
Posts: 17
Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 10:57
Gender: Male

Re: RO+N app on PDA no longer works…

Post by irishgerry »

rambo1 wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2022, 21:38
Worked fine for me on Friday. How the hell do you Ron 90 pkts and find the next one. ? Surely you can't scroll through and number them all?
I do this all the time when I'm on a parcels route. Number all 90 (or more) parcels. Takes half an hour but saves a lot more time out on the route...