Fair point. I have had a customer say to me he didn't want them then after I explained why I have to attempt delivery, he said I could post them all through his door and he'd deal with them for me.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Door to door procedure ?
-
Foxel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 514
- Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
I'm turning purple!
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
The issue is if you take a letter along with the D2D for the first or second address in a slot on day one, how do you know on the following days of the week which D2D has already been delivered and which address still needs a D2D to be delivered?Foxel wrote: ↑18 Mar 2022, 19:59Like another said.
If you have a letter for the first address of the double, take the second as well. If you just have a letter for the second, don't.
If you think there are two many D2D's on one day, leave some for another day.
I know a few that always take all their D2D's on a Monday. Call in second mec.![]()
-
Ad_bee
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 09 Dec 2019, 14:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
Soon after the pandemic started there was a procedural thing called "The New Way of Working" (I can't find it now but it was posted here) and it delineated the D2D procedure which was to have them alll in on/by Monday morning, to take where you're going and to roll-over into the next week.
-
Foxel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 514
- Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
You miss-understand. You take both or none. Never leave a single D2D in a double slot. Take both when a letter for the first, whether or not there is a letter for the second doesn't matter.TopperGas wrote: ↑18 Mar 2022, 20:45The issue is if you take a letter along with the D2D for the first or second address in a slot on day one, how do you know on the following days of the week which D2D has already been delivered and which address still needs a D2D to be delivered?Foxel wrote: ↑18 Mar 2022, 19:59Like another said.
If you have a letter for the first address of the double, take the second as well. If you just have a letter for the second, don't.
If you think there are two many D2D's on one day, leave some for another day.
I know a few that always take all their D2D's on a Monday. Call in second mec.![]()
When posing you'll have a letter then two D2D's. You then know it's for the next house.
I'm turning purple!
-
WalkerX
- Posts: 432
- Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
As a reserve I`ve been partnered with all types of D2Ders, including the "take the box along" merchants. but the best is "warm calling", which was at another DO not mine sadly.
"Most efficient is find the nearest bin. They should be called Door to Bin as that's where they go. Nobody wants them. With climate change it's a disgrace it's allowed" is the correct answer. RM should improve their "green" credentials by scrapping them and using it as good PR instead.
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3523
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
That's clearly not happening in my DO as I frequently come across frames mid week where there's only one D2D left to deliver in the double slots, it also defeats the object of warm calling if you take both as on a Monday, once they've all been thrown in, as you'd have to deliver virtually every D2D. When I enquired at my DO last week I was told to write the number on the one left to be delivered, that seems a bit too time consuming to me.Foxel wrote: ↑19 Mar 2022, 20:00You miss-understand. You take both or none. Never leave a single D2D in a double slot. Take both when a letter for the first, whether or not there is a letter for the second doesn't matter.TopperGas wrote: ↑18 Mar 2022, 20:45The issue is if you take a letter along with the D2D for the first or second address in a slot on day one, how do you know on the following days of the week which D2D has already been delivered and which address still needs a D2D to be delivered?Foxel wrote: ↑18 Mar 2022, 19:59Like another said.
If you have a letter for the first address of the double, take the second as well. If you just have a letter for the second, don't.
If you think there are two many D2D's on one day, leave some for another day.
I know a few that always take all their D2D's on a Monday. Call in second mec.![]()
When posing you'll have a letter then two D2D's. You then know it's for the next house.
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
personally i like the suggestion on here of a 2 weekly/monthly magazine where all the ads and vouchers and printed inside.WalkerX wrote: ↑19 Mar 2022, 20:36As a reserve I`ve been partnered with all types of D2Ders, including the "take the box along" merchants. but the best is "warm calling", which was at another DO not mine sadly.
"Most efficient is find the nearest bin. They should be called Door to Bin as that's where they go. Nobody wants them. With climate change it's a disgrace it's allowed" is the correct answer. RM should improve their "green" credentials by scrapping them and using it as good PR instead.
-
WalkerX
- Posts: 432
- Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
Yeah, I like that idea.2yearpostie wrote: ↑20 Mar 2022, 16:27personally i like the suggestion on here of a 2 weekly/monthly magazine where all the ads and vouchers and printed inside.WalkerX wrote: ↑19 Mar 2022, 20:36As a reserve I`ve been partnered with all types of D2Ders, including the "take the box along" merchants. but the best is "warm calling", which was at another DO not mine sadly.
"Most efficient is find the nearest bin. They should be called Door to Bin as that's where they go. Nobody wants them. With climate change it's a disgrace it's allowed" is the correct answer. RM should improve their "green" credentials by scrapping them and using it as good PR instead.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
It would have to be 2 weekly to take into account any time sensitive offersWalkerX wrote: ↑20 Mar 2022, 18:57Yeah, I like that idea.2yearpostie wrote: ↑20 Mar 2022, 16:27personally i like the suggestion on here of a 2 weekly/monthly magazine where all the ads and vouchers and printed inside.WalkerX wrote: ↑19 Mar 2022, 20:36As a reserve I`ve been partnered with all types of D2Ders, including the "take the box along" merchants. but the best is "warm calling", which was at another DO not mine sadly.
"Most efficient is find the nearest bin. They should be called Door to Bin as that's where they go. Nobody wants them. With climate change it's a disgrace it's allowed" is the correct answer. RM should improve their "green" credentials by scrapping them and using it as good PR instead.
-
Foxel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 514
- Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
There is always the chance of someone who will make a little mess of it, but it normally works fine. There is less mail on a Monday so you don't take a full round of D2Ds. I delivered more today (Tuesday) than I did yesterday.TopperGas wrote: ↑20 Mar 2022, 16:14
That's clearly not happening in my DO as I frequently come across frames mid week where there's only one D2D left to deliver in the double slots, it also defeats the object of warm calling if you take both as on a Monday, once they've all been thrown in, as you'd have to deliver virtually every D2D. When I enquired at my DO last week I was told to write the number on the one left to be delivered, that seems a bit too time consuming to me.
I've seen a few people write the numbers on but that's probably the worst option to me.
I'm turning purple!
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Door to door procedure ?
With double slots my system is I only take both D2Ds if both addresses have mail.
Eg double slots for # 1 and 3. If only # 1 has post the D2Ds get left. Likewise if just # 3 has post.
Usually at some point during the week (on busy days) both addresses will have post. Maybe 1 out of every 15 double slots have D2Ds left come the Saturday and if you’re going to one of the addresses in the double slot anyway there’s not much cold calling. I reckon on average on a Saturday I’m only dead walking to 10-15 addresses with just D2D.
Compare that to taking both on a Monday (usually 50 cold calls) or having to write numbers on them (about 10-15 mins work).
Obviously this only works if you can prep them all on Monday.
Eg double slots for # 1 and 3. If only # 1 has post the D2Ds get left. Likewise if just # 3 has post.
Usually at some point during the week (on busy days) both addresses will have post. Maybe 1 out of every 15 double slots have D2Ds left come the Saturday and if you’re going to one of the addresses in the double slot anyway there’s not much cold calling. I reckon on average on a Saturday I’m only dead walking to 10-15 addresses with just D2D.
Compare that to taking both on a Monday (usually 50 cold calls) or having to write numbers on them (about 10-15 mins work).
Obviously this only works if you can prep them all on Monday.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526