ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

World Outside RM

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: World Outside RM

Post by POSTMAN »

Tman wrote: ↑
28 Feb 2022, 21:29
You're omnipresent in RM now? :cuppa
Are you? :cuppa 2 lumps please.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Re: World Outside RM

Post by Sugar »

priority102 wrote: ↑
21 Feb 2022, 09:18
Snap. I left last year after 25 years, like most I suppose I was "institutionalised", thinking that life outside RM was unthinkable. How wrong I was.

Decent company/pay/terms and conditions, managers who realise that if you treat your employees with respect it yields huge returns, no pressure, weekends off, pleasant working atmosphere.

My only regret about leaving?......that I didn't do it sooner.
Exactly the same here. Nearly 20 years service and I'd wished I'd gone much sooner. Not on the same pay but the company, managers and work culture is miles away from royal mail. You feel appreciated, you're spoken to with respect, you're actually helped to get better at your job unlike royal mail who's mangers generally roll out that familiar line "if they can do it why can't you?" Practically the same number of holidays and some paid sick pay which increases with every 6 months of service.

And its so nice to get home after work and not feel completely wiped out with exhaustion for the next couple of hours. I can actually do things and have a full life outside of work.