ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3525
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
What's the difference between a standard letter/card and a non standard one?
On the rounds I regularly deliver I can't recall delivering that many Christmas cards, in fact the full crates of mail I prepared for delivery seemed fairly consistent, it's the large packets/parcels which increased noticeably from Black Friday to around Christmas time.
On the rounds I regularly deliver I can't recall delivering that many Christmas cards, in fact the full crates of mail I prepared for delivery seemed fairly consistent, it's the large packets/parcels which increased noticeably from Black Friday to around Christmas time.
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
What a strange man he is.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
The numbers of Xmas cards were way down compared with the previous Xmas pressureTopperGas wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 21:29What's the difference between a standard letter/card and a non standard one?
On the rounds I regularly deliver I can't recall delivering that many Christmas cards, in fact the full crates of mail I prepared for delivery seemed fairly consistent, it's the large packets/parcels which increased noticeably from Black Friday to around Christmas time.
-
hans solo
- Posts: 3291
- Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
Just getting the strings attached to their pay rise offer
-
oypostie
- Posts: 918
- Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
Dear Simon
The "team" already knows that some weeks mail is heavier than others. In theory lapsing is supposed to even this out. In reality................

The "team" already knows that some weeks mail is heavier than others. In theory lapsing is supposed to even this out. In reality................
-
Wolf91
- Posts: 506
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
I don’t believe it at all. Even now, we get weeks that are light, then this week for example is literally Xmas levels out the blue, tonnes of bulk postage’s etc.number one wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 16:39Was this actuals said?
The latest statistics say we delivered 9.5 billion letters in 2021. Are we really being told we delivered around 3.8bn of these in a 6 week period? I simply don’t believe this and must question where these statistics are coming from.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
That'll be the end of financial year stuff starting to go through the systemWolf91 wrote: ↑01 Mar 2022, 16:46I don’t believe it at all. Even now, we get weeks that are light, then this week for example is literally Xmas levels out the blue, tonnes of bulk postage’s etc.number one wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 16:39Was this actuals said?
The latest statistics say we delivered 9.5 billion letters in 2021. Are we really being told we delivered around 3.8bn of these in a 6 week period? I simply don’t believe this and must question where these statistics are coming from.
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
-
tractorboy2
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 545
- Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 11:03
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
Most cards are underpaid anyway , so only deserve a 4th class service.number one wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 17:06The only way I can see this being anywhere near accurate is if it was STAMPED letters. However it’s worded in such a way to make it ambiguous. I can’t really blame people for sending fewer letters/cards. We’ve made it so expensive and nobody knows when their item will be delivered. Never mind 1st and 2nd class, we’ve made stamped items 3rd and even 4th class.
-
Wolf91
- Posts: 506
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
Yeah I appreciate that SP. but it is like xmas for us right now, and Simon says we basically deliver in a 6 week period and the rest is quiet. The guy doesn’t seem to have a clue.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑01 Mar 2022, 19:40That'll be the end of financial year stuff starting to go through the systemWolf91 wrote: ↑01 Mar 2022, 16:46I don’t believe it at all. Even now, we get weeks that are light, then this week for example is literally Xmas levels out the blue, tonnes of bulk postage’s etc.number one wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 16:39Was this actuals said?
The latest statistics say we delivered 9.5 billion letters in 2021. Are we really being told we delivered around 3.8bn of these in a 6 week period? I simply don’t believe this and must question where these statistics are coming from.
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
Wolf91 wrote: ↑02 Mar 2022, 17:39SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑01 Mar 2022, 19:40That'll be the end of financial year stuff starting to go through the systemWolf91 wrote: ↑01 Mar 2022, 16:46I don’t believe it at all. Even now, we get weeks that are light, then this week for example is literally Xmas levels out the blue, tonnes of bulk postage’s etc.number one wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 16:39Was this actuals said?
The latest statistics say we delivered 9.5 billion letters in 2021. Are we really being told we delivered around 3.8bn of these in a 6 week period? I simply don’t believe this and must question where these statistics are coming from.
Yeah I appreciate that SP. but it is like xmas for us right now, and Simon says we basically deliver in a 6 week period and the rest is quiet. The guy doesn’t seem to have a clue.
Today I has a tray of 1st mech, half a tray of 2nd mech,10 pigeon holes stuffs with flats, 1 full york of oversized, 8 specials and 3 full sacks of packets.
So yeah quiet day Si.
-
Norfolk 'N' Chance
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 25 Aug 2021, 18:15
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Stix
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
As the saying goes.... Lies, Dammed lies and "Statistics"!number one wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 16:39Was this actuals said?
The latest statistics say we delivered 9.5 billion letters in 2021. Are we really being told we delivered around 3.8bn of these in a 6 week period? I simply don’t believe this and must question where these statistics are coming from.
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3525
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv :Simon Thompson : Seasonal hours?
According to the stats you apparently had 40% more in the 6 weeks period leading up to Christmas!!2yearpostie wrote: ↑02 Mar 2022, 18:05Wolf91 wrote: ↑02 Mar 2022, 17:39SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑01 Mar 2022, 19:40That'll be the end of financial year stuff starting to go through the systemWolf91 wrote: ↑01 Mar 2022, 16:46I don’t believe it at all. Even now, we get weeks that are light, then this week for example is literally Xmas levels out the blue, tonnes of bulk postage’s etc.number one wrote: ↑28 Feb 2022, 16:39Was this actuals said?
The latest statistics say we delivered 9.5 billion letters in 2021. Are we really being told we delivered around 3.8bn of these in a 6 week period? I simply don’t believe this and must question where these statistics are coming from.
Yeah I appreciate that SP. but it is like xmas for us right now, and Simon says we basically deliver in a 6 week period and the rest is quiet. The guy doesn’t seem to have a clue.
Today I has a tray of 1st mech, half a tray of 2nd mech,10 pigeon holes stuffs with flats, 1 full york of oversized, 8 specials and 3 full sacks of packets.
So yeah quiet day Si.![]()
![]()