You could be there on time but be at the back of a 120 man queue.
Same when leaving.
In theory at least.
Point being you'd want maybe 3 or 4 clocking in machines.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financial year
-
Dexydog
- Posts: 887
- Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
- Gender: Male
-
TOWER1
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 24 Sep 2019, 16:05
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financial year
Re RFID
Many thanks indeed
Many thanks indeed
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financialyear
Firm I worked for when I left school many years ago had the same clocking in system, so if you were 4 mins late and knew you were going to be docked 15 mins money you waited and clocked in 15 mins late.Cedar_Room wrote: ↑21 Feb 2022, 15:40In another life I worked as an FLT driver in a factory with over 500 employees on the shop floor. We were on the clock & I don’t recall any issues,though if you were running a touch late you got a 3-minute ‘grace’ period were you didn’t lose any pay. After that you were docked,rounded up to the nearest 15-minute mark,depending on when you turned up….rambo1 wrote: ↑21 Feb 2022, 15:11What if you're there a min to spare, but theres a queue for clocking in? Everyone can't clock in on time at the same time, so it's clock in early to make sure you don't clock in late? How many clocking in machines are there for an office of 120?PostmanPat007 wrote: ↑15 Feb 2022, 04:08I hope it is not an open system, and gets hacked. But I have been told off already as I came in 7 mins late, and I left 5 minutes early, then the manager said 5+7= 12 minutes lost. I set my phone to ring at 2 minutes after I start so I have a minute to start.
Many workers we finish early just stand next to the card scanner for a few minutes.
At the end of the day it is the employees responsibility to get to work on time,I guess…
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financial year
We had one machine for the whole factory,I honestly don’t recall any issues clocking in as people seemed to filter into work at a steady pace,thus,no queue. Knocking off time was a different story,however,pure bedlam! I was quite lucky as my work station was close to the machine,so I had a bit of a head start
Pretty sure we used to clock out for dinner break too,but I’m going back over 20yrs ago here,so can’t be certain…
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financial year
Half the time I find it’s us who are too slow - main example is collecting specials. We are told, take them from window 1, move to window 2, check them while you receive your van keys.
It’s infuriating stood in a queue of 30 posties, watching someone stand at window 1, check his specials, recheck them, then put them in order. What should take 10 seconds can take 2 minutes. Then there’s those who want to chat about the football or show the person handing out specials pics from their night out. It’s so simple - pick up your tray, move 3 feet to the right, check specials, receive van keys, off you go.
Same with your tub of parcels - bring them to your frame, keep them alongside your frame so others can get past, once empty return. Instead everyone just leaves them stuck in the middle meaning you have to fight your way through.
I guess my point is I can’t see clocking in machines being used in a timely orderly fashion.
It’s infuriating stood in a queue of 30 posties, watching someone stand at window 1, check his specials, recheck them, then put them in order. What should take 10 seconds can take 2 minutes. Then there’s those who want to chat about the football or show the person handing out specials pics from their night out. It’s so simple - pick up your tray, move 3 feet to the right, check specials, receive van keys, off you go.
Same with your tub of parcels - bring them to your frame, keep them alongside your frame so others can get past, once empty return. Instead everyone just leaves them stuck in the middle meaning you have to fight your way through.
I guess my point is I can’t see clocking in machines being used in a timely orderly fashion.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financial year
People soon realise that they can't fanny around talking and getting in the way of those who need to clock in ASAP to avoid being late and having their pay docked. Similarly when people want to go home they're not going to get in their way, either.
Clock stations have existed for many decades, and RM isn't going to have any issues that haven't been resolved over the years by millions of others.
Clock stations have existed for many decades, and RM isn't going to have any issues that haven't been resolved over the years by millions of others.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financial year
Too True Mate
There's no great conspiracy over clocking in/out. It's the 21st Century FFS. Unfortunately now some of our colleagues may have to actually turn up for work at the correct time, and may even have to start their paid employment ON TIME instead of walking around greeting everyone in the office, making themselves a cuppa, polishing their boots etc.
I'm no company man but you often find that anything the company tries to introduce is most strongly resisted by those that think it might affect how much time they can carve out of their duty.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financialyear
If my start time is 8am , I'll be at my frame at 8am, not 7.50 or even 7.59. why should I have to come in even earlier just to clock in? That's my point.Cedar_Room wrote: ↑21 Feb 2022, 15:40In another life I worked as an FLT driver in a factory with over 500 employees on the shop floor. We were on the clock & I don’t recall any issues,though if you were running a touch late you got a 3-minute ‘grace’ period were you didn’t lose any pay. After that you were docked,rounded up to the nearest 15-minute mark,depending on when you turned up….rambo1 wrote: ↑21 Feb 2022, 15:11What if you're there a min to spare, but theres a queue for clocking in? Everyone can't clock in on time at the same time, so it's clock in early to make sure you don't clock in late? How many clocking in machines are there for an office of 120?PostmanPat007 wrote: ↑15 Feb 2022, 04:08I hope it is not an open system, and gets hacked. But I have been told off already as I came in 7 mins late, and I left 5 minutes early, then the manager said 5+7= 12 minutes lost. I set my phone to ring at 2 minutes after I start so I have a minute to start.
Many workers we finish early just stand next to the card scanner for a few minutes.
At the end of the day it is the employees responsibility to get to work on time,I guess…
-
Tman
- Posts: 4146
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financial year
If your start time is 8am then you have to have clocked in before then. It's as simple as that.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financial year
There was a time I remember when the Union was dead set against clocking on machines
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Frankie15
- Posts: 200
- Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financialyear
Don't push Rambo!!rambo1 wrote: ↑26 Feb 2022, 22:01If my start time is 8am , I'll be at my frame at 8am, not 7.50 or even 7.59. why should I have to come in even earlier just to clock in? That's my point.Cedar_Room wrote: ↑21 Feb 2022, 15:40In another life I worked as an FLT driver in a factory with over 500 employees on the shop floor. We were on the clock & I don’t recall any issues,though if you were running a touch late you got a 3-minute ‘grace’ period were you didn’t lose any pay. After that you were docked,rounded up to the nearest 15-minute mark,depending on when you turned up….rambo1 wrote: ↑21 Feb 2022, 15:11What if you're there a min to spare, but theres a queue for clocking in? Everyone can't clock in on time at the same time, so it's clock in early to make sure you don't clock in late? How many clocking in machines are there for an office of 120?PostmanPat007 wrote: ↑15 Feb 2022, 04:08I hope it is not an open system, and gets hacked. But I have been told off already as I came in 7 mins late, and I left 5 minutes early, then the manager said 5+7= 12 minutes lost. I set my phone to ring at 2 minutes after I start so I have a minute to start.
Many workers we finish early just stand next to the card scanner for a few minutes.
At the end of the day it is the employees responsibility to get to work on time,I guess…
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: RMCtv : Signing in signing out : Due in DO's in the new financial year
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.