I wish they would. That was pre-existing infrastructure that was left to rot after 2010. Was it really that much to get planning permission and maintain them compared to all the vans that have been sitting still for 17 hours a day apparently costing the company a fortune for the last decade?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Simon wants delivery working around the clock?
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3356
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Simon wants delivery working around the clock?
The machine stops.
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Simon wants delivery working around the clock?
My thoughts too. I know we are kidding ourselves because those days of grey boxes will never come back plus the ones we used to use were pretty small, you could get about 4 bag loads in. With the increase in small parcels you’d probably only get 3 bags in.Mr Rush wrote: ↑22 Feb 2022, 19:17I wish they would. That was pre-existing infrastructure that was left to rot after 2010. Was it really that much to get planning permission and maintain them compared to all the vans that have been sitting still for 17 hours a day apparently costing the company a fortune for the last decade?
But to me it makes so much sense - bags dropped off along with posties. The driver can then follow a set route so people can have an hour time slot for parcels. Specials revert to next day not 1pm. There’s little reason for the driver to deviate from his set route other than to replenish the bag drops. Less vans needed, more room for current vans and charging points if/when we go electric. Simon can finally get his time slot delivery idea realised. We tick the green energy box.
And I don’t know about the rest of you but when I’ve just delivered packets I’m happier, when I’ve just delivered bags and small parcels I’m happier. When I’m delivery larger parcels, bags, specials, working in a pair I’m nowhere near as happy.
I know it won’t happen.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Simon wants delivery working around the clock?
Packet sorting would have to be later than 07:30 as some DOs don't get their mail till at least then2yearpostie wrote: ↑22 Feb 2022, 15:48Well surely the letter and small 2d (letterboxable) pkt sorting only could be 6am-7am,the letters only delivery go out early (7am- 10am).
Hold all the parcels back and bring the lats forward so they meet at say 10;30am in a DO 10;30am-1pm parcel only sorting (FT staff done)
Then back out on parcel delivery only at 1pm -6pm? (PT staff done)
For that to happen, EVERY DO that can't handle a 17.5ton lorry would have to close and be relocated. For larger DOs if they couldn't handle an artic then they'd have to close and be relocated
-
A2B
- Posts: 2033
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Simon wants delivery working around the clock?
Perhaps, time will tell