I'd imagine that can be applied to just about every office - it's a very RM thing.HTPostman wrote: ↑02 Feb 2022, 11:59Exactly. There’s about 4 types of people in my office:Frankie15 wrote: ↑02 Feb 2022, 09:30I see and hear on a daily basis people moaning about being asked to do this or that. People don't seem to grasp that is what employment is. Being asked by their manager to do certain or different tasks!! It's ok for some to move to different duties (even though they own one!), but God forbid if they themselves are asked. It's always a case of "Why me?" or "Why not him?" or "What's he doing?". It's a "WON'T DO" thing more times than enough than a "CAN'T DO". Why can't people realise that regardless of what they are asked to do, however they don't want to do it! There's a start and finish time!!! That never changes!!!!!!! Just do what you can to your time.
1. Those who don’t want any fuss and just agree to be moved. Unsurprisingly they get moved the most.
2. Those who stamp their feet, argue and complain but eventually move but In return say they’ll only move if they can have something in return eg next Saturday off.
3. Those who walk out citing stress/sick and are then off for a number of weeks. I’m not going to branch everyone together here as some genuinely do get pushed over the edge.
4. The worst type - they manage to convince the boss not to move them but to move person A to round B, and the guy on round C goes on round A etc. This 4th person then offers to do the tracked on the vacant round, getting a cushy few hours OT in in the process.
It’s such a bizarre carry on tbh. In my previous jobs I haven’t been asked to sweep the yard or clean the work vans or move my desk to the next office, I’ve been told to do so and if I refused I’d be dismissed.
With person 4, I'd add that they will often mock those that get moved about, they are very helpful towards management with telling them how to run the office, but heaven help anyone who suggest to management that THEY know a duty and could move.
We had a cover manager in one day and they obviously didn't get the memo on who to press and who to leave alone - this poor manager dared to press a number 4 type person into helping out at another station for 10 minutes (as opposed to standing doing little/nothing) and they had the union onto them instantly.