That is my point exactly SFT. RM insist that Households are treated as "Live Mail", that's exactly the same as a stamped addressed letter. And I should think they get paid a damn sight more for the Household contract than they do for letters nowadays. RM are paid to deliver those contracts, we are paid to prep & deliver those contracts. If your DOM is not ensuring that is happening within his unit he is liable to disciplinary action. I know of one DOM that was sacked over it.sixfoottwo wrote: ↑23 Jan 2022, 10:18In our office since the revision there is no time to prep the junk unless the 'proper' mail takes a hit.
The strange thing is come end of the week the boxes of d2d just vanish from our frames like a magic trick!
I'm not a company man, spouting company rules & regulations, but try and use their own rules & regulations against them. Take an hour to prep them first thing on Mon (as they want us to), perhaps negotiate coming in early (if that suits you) and getting paid that hour to prep them? Or use the over running procedure and tell him you'lll be finishing an hour early... due to prepping households.
I know it's easy to say "Man Up" and stand up to the DOMs. I also know it's not that easy to do on a daily basis. Worst case scenario bubble your DOM on a confidential helpline.