Ditching letters, of course. They've floated the idea before of getting rid of frames in favour of total walk sequencing, but we've already got the cheaper reality of just not bothering to prep letters into frames while the trackeds go out. I think the RM2000 frame's days are numbered.
Unless RM are going to bring in new machines that can sequence at least letters and flats together along with possibly D2D, I can see RM going the other way and doing away with sequencing.Wave 2 might as well all be walk sort outside of xmas pressure with the low volumes
Yes, I noticed sequencing seems to be going in the opposite direction. Rather unfortunate we don't have the staff to sort the increasing number of manual trays coming down because the future was sequencing. Still, I imagine they'd prefer to axe letters entirely than spend capital on new and better machines.
Ditching letters, of course. They've floated the idea before of getting rid of frames in favour of total walk sequencing, but we've already got the cheaper reality of just not bothering to prep letters into frames while the trackeds go out. I think the RM2000 frame's days are numbered.
Unless RM are going to bring in new machines that can sequence at least letters and flats together along with possibly D2D, I can see RM going the other way and doing away with sequencing.Wave 2 might as well all be walk sort outside of xmas pressure with the low volumes
Yes, I noticed sequencing seems to be going in the opposite direction. Rather unfortunate we don't have the staff to sort the increasing number of manual trays coming down because the future was sequencing. Still, I imagine they'd prefer to axe letters entirely than spend capital on new and better machines.
Our iLSMs are still running the inward sort plan when the CSSs start running wave 2. We only have time to sequence half the batches on wave 2. For us to sequence all of them we'd have to make the final dispatch times later.
One thing RM really need to do is ensure that IMPs, iLSMs and CSSs can read the 2D barcode on redirection labels and sort based on that address if a redirection label is present. We could then increase the amount of stuff that we send to the mech
One thing RM really need to do is ensure that IMPs, iLSMs and CSSs can read the 2D barcode on redirection labels and sort based on that address if a redirection label is present. We could then increase the amount of stuff that we send to the mech
Probably another case of RM Spendinga pound to save a penny. I thought Mech was a bloody good idea. It was ideal for offices struggling to get frames prepped with limited staff. Anybody can throw off Mech (provided the A plus is up to date).
Seems very counter productive to start binning Mech when we've got so many staff missing. I realise The Mail Centres are short of staff as well, so that doesn't help and RM are moaning about the lack of drivers causing problems. There seems to be a recurring theme here Simon .... can you figure out what it is yet?
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
PF haven't got the capacity. Why do you think they off-loaded the Addidas contract over to RM
True. I can't remember the last time I clocked a Parcelforce driver. Maybe they were allowed to stay at home and only work from home instead??
There's a new Sherrif in town for Parcelforce, be careful what you wish for.
They are massively looking for work.
They are being reinvented...just like us.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It would seem somewhat disingenuous to have RM and PF both competing for the same business or is the overlap minimal?
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
" Fifty percent or half of the officers that did a structural revision cleared.
And those offices that had not completed a revision at all, only twenty five percent of them cleared on christmas eve.
So overall, seventy one percent clear, much better than last year."
I don't understand this bit ! If 50% of post revision offices failed and 75% of pre revision offices failed how does that add up to 71% clear or a 29% fail rate . I must have have misunderstood the statistics........can someone explain ?
It's not full stats. He's only talking about offices which had, "structural revisions" and "No Revisions"
Most Delivery offices got the shorter working week, by having a "non-revision" revision, where practically nothing was changed except the reduction in the hours. The only Delivery offices listed as having no revision at all, would be the ones still on a 38 hour week (i.e. only a small minority).
Even if you have had no revision you should of come November been on a 37 hour week.If there are offices on 38hr weeks the rep should be over it,why should a office lose out just because there revision has dragged?