ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Retirement Age

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Clappedoutpostie
Posts: 1264
Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 21:46
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement Age

Post by Clappedoutpostie »

wallop wrote: ↑
08 Jan 2022, 16:43
I'm lucky to find myself in a position where i've decided to knock it on the head just before my 55th birthday.I honestly don't think i could face another 5 years of this let alone 10.
35 years 6 months and 13 days will do me.
:Applause

Good effort, I’m not far off that and won’t be far behind, had enough.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6700
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: Retirement Age

Post by RobertT »

wallop wrote: ↑
08 Jan 2022, 16:43
I'm lucky to find myself in a position where i've decided to knock it on the head just before my 55th birthday.I honestly don't think i could face another 5 years of this let alone 10.
35 years 6 months and 13 days will do me.
Nice one! :thumbup

I'm in a similar position.
I was going to go at 55 in 2023 but have decided I don't want to do another Christmas so will go towards the end of this year instead.

I'll have done a similar amount of service to you and have decided that 35 years working for this once great company, will be enough for me.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here