ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick line

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Sick line

Post by wazer »

Phoned the office sickline 5 times this morning from 6.30 to 7.30. No answear and could nit leave a message. I phoned a colleague who then passed on message at 7 30. Manager phoned me back at 8. I asked him why nobody answered, he told me that it was because so many staff ringing in sick. !!! So why did the phone ring 5 times and not have engaged sound and how come you cant leave a message.He then told me nobody was in office so I said why dont they carry the phone with them.. Wot is the procedure for sick if you cannot get hold of them before your shift. I'll keep the history on my call .
scoobymunster
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Mar 2011, 00:39
Gender: Male

Re: Sick line

Post by scoobymunster »

Do you have the mobile number of any of the management?
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Sick line

Post by wazer »

No and I dont want it. I was told too phone sick line not my probelm if they cant be bothered to carry the phone around with them.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Sick line

Post by POSTMAN »

You've done your bit, they wouldn't answer so you contacted a colleague, job done.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Sick line

Post by eastie »

Dont know why they dont have an answerphone, nobody ever picks up
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12195
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Sick line

Post by SpacePhoenix »

What about having an email address that you can send a message to?
wazer
Posts: 357
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
Gender: Male

Re: Sick line

Post by wazer »

My previous job you had a number to phone by start of shift.If nobody answered you left a message....Simples.