ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Epicondylitis

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Epicondylitis

Post by aiden01 »

Has anyone suffered with this. any treatments recommended cheers.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2057
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Epicondylitis

Post by scoobydo79 »

Yes . You need to change the position of your arm. I found I held bundles with a kind of crooked arm. It was habit and I didn’t know I was doing it. It became very painful. If this sounds like You try and change and do stretches.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4116
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Epicondylitis

Post by ted_e_bear »

Now I've looked it up, yes we'll sort of,for me it was a bit higher up and I classed it as "tennis elbow" caused in the same way as the above reply, also tried to change the way I held my bundles and it's not too bad now.

I notice your profile says mail centre though so presumably it's some other action that's causing it, maybe the way you're repeatedly picking something up one handed that's a bit heavy, presume you'd get pain whilst doing whatevers the cause so maybe diagnose that way.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Epicondylitis

Post by aiden01 »

Thanks for replies yeah work in mc always lifting one handed :sad: will have to try an change how i do things.
Frankie15
Posts: 200
Joined: 17 Oct 2019, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: Epicondylitis

Post by Frankie15 »

These last few months I've had this pain on the base of my thumb on my left hand. Thats the hand I hold my bundles with. Looks like 23 years of holding them that way has caught up on me. The joys of the job eh? The older we get the pains accumulate :sad:
Grinder64
Posts: 245
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
Gender: Male

Re: Epicondylitis

Post by Grinder64 »

Frankie15 wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2022, 15:40
These last few months I've had this pain on the base of my thumb on my left hand. Thats the hand I hold my bundles with. Looks like 23 years of holding them that way has caught up on me. The joys of the job eh? The older we get the pains accumulate :sad:
I would recommend looking into taking turmeric pills/capsules/supplements. I had similar issues as well as knee pains & on the recommendation of two good friends (one a painter and decorator, the other a retired postie) I started taking a supplement on a daily basis and the discomfort has disappeared. Cheap enough to buy online or in certain commercial health foods outlets.
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.