Couldn't have put it better myself. Accuse first, think later is the average mentality of a lot of our colleagues.Kenfandango wrote: ↑03 Dec 2021, 19:18Glad I'm not alone in this. I get that other jobs make you sit about when there's nothing to do, but conversely they don't make going home on time such a hassle. I know the responses will be "just work to time, anything not delivered is a managers problem," but those managers will just make it a postie's problem the next day, and that postie (if not you) will most likely blame you instead of the manager
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What makes the job stressful in your opinion?
-
Splappy_McSplap
- Posts: 236
- Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Re: What makes the job stressful in your opinion?
-
Splappy_McSplap
- Posts: 236
- Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Re: What makes the job stressful in your opinion?
I would have to say that if I had to reduce my above list to one item I would say "other posties" are the most stressful thing about the job.POSTMAN wrote: ↑03 Dec 2021, 14:58We moan a lot about the screws, but our colleagues seriously do not help the situation.postieblueshirt wrote: ↑03 Dec 2021, 11:17Unfair workload I had more oversize yesterday on my park n loop than the guy who's just doing parcels f***in sole destroying.
We have some serious w*****s in a Blue/Red shirt!
-
no1postie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 14:48
- Gender: Male
Re: What makes the job stressful in your opinion?
I hate people whistling, especially bad whistlers, sometimes i like the person but it still drives me insane, some staff are whistling the previous song on the radio, and so on........till the next song comes on. i have tried to speak to a particular offender and he told me he can't stop it and sometimes it makes problems for him at home. i enjoy the banter a lot and bad singing is funny too, but please !? and don't get me started on supermarket whistlers on my day off! they have the problem not me, it is antisocial, unnatural and just just makes for trolley rage (done it to a big bloke once in tesco who got a bruised achilles tendon) please find a way to stop them.
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: What makes the job stressful in your opinion?
I've had a lot of Amazon (though I'd say 30% of them go to local collect on my current round,) and I've had quite a few things come past in DPD packaging the past few days. Clearly we aren't alone in struggling!Splappy_McSplap wrote: ↑11 Dec 2021, 14:37Also we are getting packets in the RM network from Amazon, who clearly can't handle the Christmas workload this year either, at least where I am...and they don't have to deliver letters too.ViperF wrote: ↑03 Dec 2021, 18:03This is spot on. This is what I’ve been saying to my manager for the last two weeksKenfandango wrote: ↑03 Dec 2021, 10:27Company trying to do the volume of parcels that other, parcel specific, companies do only without the infrastructure, technology or vehicles to do so![]()
-
New5rainboo
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 25 Oct 2021, 16:07
- Gender: Female
Re: What makes the job stressful in your opinion?
Not knowing what walk you will be taking out until your arrive at work in the morning, especially when it’s a walk you have never done before and nobody is prepared to give any advice on the best way to bag up.
Crap equipment that is not fit for purpose. Broken HCTs, faulty padlocks, bags with holes and broken straps etc.
Van repairs not being carried out despite faults being reported.
Managers who have no understanding of the amount of time parcels add to the delivery.
I could go on....
Crap equipment that is not fit for purpose. Broken HCTs, faulty padlocks, bags with holes and broken straps etc.
Van repairs not being carried out despite faults being reported.
Managers who have no understanding of the amount of time parcels add to the delivery.
I could go on....
-
no1postie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 14:48
- Gender: Male
Re: What makes the job stressful in your opinion?
i feel for you, work your hours, take your breaks and let the managers work it out, its not your problem, stand your ground, good luck.
-
wazer
- Posts: 357
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 21:20
- Gender: Male
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Re: What makes the job stressful in your opinion?
-Jobs are too big to do in our time. If they were doable then the job would be a joy and one I'd stay in for life. You feel obliged to go over time to knacker yourself even more and for a pittance in pay.
-Van sharing, especially with someone who doesn't know the job, or someone with B.O, or someone who eats with their mouth open...why the heck are there so many people in this country that eat with their mouth's open.... they obviously don't realise how disgusting it is.
-Van sharing, especially with someone who doesn't know the job, or someone with B.O, or someone who eats with their mouth open...why the heck are there so many people in this country that eat with their mouth's open.... they obviously don't realise how disgusting it is.
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Re: What makes the job stressful in your opinion?
- 50% of people that have thrown the first box and D2D's in just as I start, on time
- daily arguments with managers about what workload I can and can't do
- people sorting or prepping at break time
- jobsworth posties
- people that don't claim overtime but when I do, I'm questioned
These are just a few off the top of my head
- daily arguments with managers about what workload I can and can't do
- people sorting or prepping at break time
- jobsworth posties
- people that don't claim overtime but when I do, I'm questioned
These are just a few off the top of my head
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Re: What makes the job stressful in your opinion?
FirstPost wrote: ↑22 Dec 2021, 16:42- driver's that are lazy sods, there's a reason the drivers loops are shorter than the walkers!
- 50% of people that have thrown the first box and D2D's in just as I start, on time
- daily arguments with managers about what workload I can and can't do
- people sorting or prepping at break time
- jobsworth posties
- people that don't claim overtime but when I do, I'm questioned
These are just a few off the top of my head