In the excerpt I quoted it tells you to record any excess associated with this scheme, so all you need to do is ensure that it is recorded as such. It shouldn't be too much to ask for local logging of DTN excess to be kept, it is after all in the interests of both parties. A Manager will find it easier to explain overtime excesses to his DSM with this new scheme as the reason, at the same time they're effectively increasing your chances of revising duties/spans. Nobody's saying that it's going to be easy to calculate any additional time, but the beauty is that only the delivery person is in a position to provide that data, so provide it as accurately as you feel correct.
Refusing to deliver to neighbours will only help to increase your burdon over the long term, packets are our growing market, if the data used for assessing impact is incorrect then any problems now can only be compounded in future.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivering to a neighbor (officially)
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Delivering to a neighbor (officially)
I was, yes. I thought the trial had started and people had opted out already.custard wrote: Are you assuming you are part of the trial because of the stickers?
People all over the UK can get the stickers
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
-
Rael, the IAK
- Posts: 109
- Joined: 19 Dec 2018, 13:08
- Gender: Male
-
EdRush
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 19 Oct 2016, 20:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering to a neighbor (officially)
Reactivity / Hawthorne effect? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_effect
people modify their behaviour when they feel they are being watched, in this case he forgot to look both ways
I also often feel anxiety when pressing those video doorbells... I tend to look away or down at the floor
people modify their behaviour when they feel they are being watched, in this case he forgot to look both ways
I also often feel anxiety when pressing those video doorbells... I tend to look away or down at the floor
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivering to a neighbor (officially)
I hate them precisely for this reason: end up plastered on social media being called lazy or getting laughed at. Or both
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Delivering to a neighbor (officially)
New threads are allowed, peeps. You don't have to go looking for old dead threads from the last decade.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.