No, ask your manager what he wants you to do with any you done have time to do. Preferably with a witness on hand.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Number of parcels per hours
-
Clappedoutpostie
- Posts: 1263
- Joined: 05 Nov 2021, 21:46
- Gender: Male
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Number of parcels per hours
Ask your manager. Either don't too many out or you bring some back would be my guess. End of day, not your problem, just get it clear from your manager what they want you to do.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Number of parcels per hours
There is no set amount per hr. From rural to early morning to rush hour to town centre it varies so much. Helps if you know the area too. Ron on the PDA is a bit frustrating.
-
ViperF
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 28 Mar 2019, 10:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Number of parcels per hours
Yeah I will check with them. Is there something on the pda where you can scan as delivery not attempted.
-
Racingpostie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 23 Jun 2021, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Number of parcels per hours
On the main screen of the PDA click Indoor, then enquiry office, then record item not delivered/attempted and scan as many as required.ViperF wrote: ↑23 Nov 2021, 17:32
Yeah I will check with them. Is there something on the pda where you can scan as delivery not attempted.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Number of parcels per hours
I suppose anyone could deliver 20 parcels an hour if they just dumped them in bins or throw them over the back fence
I've had a few complaints last week from parcels that haven't been delivered by me but the bl**dy packet driver dumping parcels here, there and everywhere
I've had a few complaints last week from parcels that haven't been delivered by me but the bl**dy packet driver dumping parcels here, there and everywhere
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Norfolk 'N' Chance
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 25 Aug 2021, 18:15
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Stix
Re: Number of parcels per hours
Yes Ron is definately frustrating at times. I had an error come up the other day when i was trying to confirm the manifest " Error - (ERROR_MAXDISTANCE) Faulty Item Number: 38
Asked a couple of guys, no one had any idea... "Never seen that before". So being left to sort it out myself i first tried to see if I could delete the item from the manifest. In the end had to rescan it and then remove it. On trying to add it back the to the manifest even manually via typing in postcode and street etc, almost same error "INVALID POSTCODE". Had a quick look on google and whilst I could not see the actual road/property, I ended up taking a chance and just drove to the rural area that google suggested and found a new housing development. Luckily in Outdoor mode i was able to confirm the delivery.
I was glad I managed a work around, but when I was back at the DO in the evening, no one I spoke to had any idea about this error and what the procedure is. If I had not been lucky enough to find it, Id have to have either taken it back as missort or log it as incomplete address/inaccessible I suppose?
Similarly Ive had Ron take me to completely incorrect locations. On saturday I was following the route guidance and on reaching the destination i couldnt find the street. Looked around nothing. Looked on Google and its a new development in a different village several miles away and in the direction from where I had just came. 20+ mins wasted going there and back! - This is not the first time that for new builds Ive found Ron takes you to a different place other then the delivery address. Can only assume its data errors in the master database?
Despite this being my 5th week, the training I have had has been minimal. No ID card whatsoever, No induction, Only got a hi-viz vest after asking. Dont get me wrong Im not complaining, far from it. Very glad to have a job. Another agency guy (quite a bit younger than me), who started a few days after me and has already jacked it in. Im assuming from frustration, although I cant be sure