Yes, my name is mud at the minute because I failed to complete two days of mail and parcels. The person in the next day just ignored what I brought back and I'm to blame. Not that I'm bothered what they think.
I will only work what I'm comfortable with but it isn't always easy when sharing on a round they routinely go over with and are happy with it. Also being on probation doesn't help when standing up for yourself.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
royal mail has become a hell hole..
-
Foxel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 514
- Joined: 04 Oct 2021, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Re: royal mail has become a hell hole..
I'm turning purple!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: royal mail has become a hell hole..
I hear what you're saying Foxhel. I'm glad you're standing up for yourself.
On the upside I've never known ANYONE to be let go after their probabtion period .... we haven't got enough staff to start getting choosey (no disrespect).
Last edited by Dorset Plodder on 18 Nov 2021, 20:28, edited 1 time in total.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: royal mail has become a hell hole..
I'd like to say well done too. Start as you mean to go on. Don't get walked over. Most reasonable people would understand if the cover didn't complete on their day off. I certainly would, as long as they haven't absolutely took the pxxs.Foxel wrote: ↑18 Nov 2021, 18:48Yes, my name is mud at the minute because I failed to complete two days of mail and parcels. The person in the next day just ignored what I brought back and I'm to blame. Not that I'm bothered what they think.
I will only work what I'm comfortable with but it isn't always easy when sharing on a round they routinely go over with and are happy with it. Also being on probation doesn't help when standing up for yourself.
-
Kenfandango
- Posts: 694
- Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Re: royal mail has become a hell hole..
Where I am, newbies are told regularly that "we'll be letting you go within 6 weeks."
Whilst advertising for more posties, and in front of other people who have been told the same thing for 18 months yet are still working.
Also for some reason, the people down to start earliest are the routes closest to the depot. Those of us with a 40-60 minute round trip to our routes start latest. This makes no sense
Whilst advertising for more posties, and in front of other people who have been told the same thing for 18 months yet are still working.
Also for some reason, the people down to start earliest are the routes closest to the depot. Those of us with a 40-60 minute round trip to our routes start latest. This makes no sense
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: royal mail has become a hell hole..
Nothing in this company makes any sense.Kenfandango wrote: ↑18 Nov 2021, 20:15Where I am, newbies are told regularly that "we'll be letting you go within 6 weeks."
Whilst advertising for more posties, and in front of other people who have been told the same thing for 18 months yet are still working.
Also for some reason, the people down to start earliest are the routes closest to the depot. Those of us with a 40-60 minute round trip to our routes start latest. This makes no sense
-
mjd24
- Posts: 1409
- Joined: 11 May 2008, 18:48
Re: royal mail has become a hell hole..
I understand that totally and its been the worst thing about my 14 years so far with Royal Mail. But it’s important to inform newbies that they don't HAVE to work over their time, because i think some genuinely don't know that it is ok to just work to your time, even if you don’t deliver everything.Jahpostie wrote: ↑18 Nov 2021, 18:40Some on here need to understand the pressure to complete from Management and colleagues when you are a reserve or floater. It is p*ss easy to work to your time if you're a full timer with a partner who thinks the same.
I've been aggressively shouted at by other posties for not completing on their days off. It's not pleasant.
So please stop the mantra of work to your time. It doesn't work well for reserves and floaters. It's not simple. RM have engineered it this way - turning posties against each other to get the mail out.
-
blacov
- Posts: 397
- Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
- Gender: Male
Re: royal mail has become a hell hole..
Jahpostie wrote: ↑18 Nov 2021, 18:40Some on here need to understand the pressure to complete from Management and colleagues when you are a reserve or floater. It is p*ss easy to work to your time if you're a full timer with a partner who thinks the same.
I've been aggressively shouted at by other posties for not completing on their days off. It's not pleasant.
So please stop the mantra of work to your time. It doesn't work well for reserves and floaters. It's not simple. RM have engineered it this way - turning posties against each other to get the mail out.
This is again an office specific. I can imagine people are expected to complete even though it means staying out. At my place no other postie will ever abuse his colleague for not completing his walk. Unless a person is known to take the piss notoriously but in this case it's rather communicated to a manager. Often walk goes out with an agreed deal or if this fails as duty holder doesn't want to stay out then overtime kings are hired
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 789
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
Re: royal mail has become a hell hole..
I’ve recently moved offices my previous off is run completely different to my previous one. My former office nobody came in early but a lot more rounds weren’t going out. The new office seems to clear everything most days but it seems 90% of the office is coming in an hour early. Either way both models are bad. Previous office no lasping this office you basically get an extra loop of lapsing meaning you can’t get done. I can really see why people quit within weeks.