Safe place you say?
https://twitter.com/samblacow/status/14 ... 68103?s=21
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Deliver to neighbour/safe place
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver to neighbour/safe place
Murdoch wrote: ↑08 Mar 2020, 14:41Agreed, it is becoming more of an issue.exetererica wrote:I don't think anyone is complaining about delivering parcels.cpsteve wrote:What ever you do or dont do the managers know by looking at your PDA data so its not a secret. As someone has said the longer we are out there the less chance of losing jobs the more work we get the better i cant understand why you would do a delivery job then complain that you get lots of packets to deliver.
What's being said is we are getting pissed off about having to harass neighbours to take in parcels when they clearly don't want to take them!
I know many customers that get multiple parcels most days, and are never at home. The neighbours used to willingly take them in, now I'm frequently getting, "uuuhhhh I guess I can". This includes addresses where there are notes on the door to leave with a particular neighbour, they've used up all the goodwill because people just order so much online nowadays.
At the end of the day, our service is utter s**t if we cannot actually deliver parcels. And it's becoming a more and more a frequent occurrence that I have to p739 10-20 packets per day (or more), if I were to follow royal mail's rules to the letter, that number could be double...
True. And some customers are ordering that much stuff they don't really care where you leave it. Many of them have conveniently got ring doorbells which record you when they tell you that its ok to throw it over the back fence or leave it in the blue bin. Until it goes missing that is....
P45 instead of P739 anyone??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3526
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver to neighbour/safe place
That looks like a brown wheelie bin to me, which where I live is for garden waste only, would a dustbin man really take that w/o realising it was a parcel? What's the betting there was a note pinned on the door saying "leave parcel in wheelie bin"? It's quite a good scam if it was unless the postie took a picture of the note.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver to neighbour/safe place
Hang on, I'm not getting something here - the text time stamp (which is the same font and colour as the wording 'Safeplace Image')twoloops wrote: ↑14 Nov 2021, 18:07Safe place you say?
https://twitter.com/samblacow/status/14 ... 68103?s=21
says 14 Nov at 5:37pm, so firstly could this have been a Sunday LAT delivery and secondly what council collects the bins on a Sunday?
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Deliver to neighbour/safe place
It does look brown to me too. He's got plastic bottles in there!That looks like a brown wheelie bin to me, which where I live is for garden waste only, would a dustbin man really take that w/o realising it was a parcel? What's the betting there was a note pinned on the door saying "leave parcel in wheelie bin"? It's quite a good scam if it was unless the postie took a picture of the note
Interesting that the Twitter post was made only 5 mins after the delivery confirmation! So the binmen (or someone else) came and emptied it within the 5 minutes between the delivery and the posting of the Tweet? "The parcel is long gone in the bin". Doesn't seem so Sam. And by the way, you don't put plastic in the brown bin! I'm smelling something, and it's not altogether wholesome. I could be wrong however.Hang on, I'm not getting something here - the text time stamp (which is the same font and colour as the wording 'Safeplace Image')
says 14 Nov at 5:37pm, so firstly could this have been a Sunday LAT delivery and secondly what council collects the bins on a Sunday?