ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How long before the wheels fall off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by rambo1 »

Clappedoutpostie wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 21:49
WalkerX wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 20:06
I ended up going out again with the foxes and vampires to complete (because it would be worse the next day). Repeat ad nauseum. :mad
If you clear a troubled walk out at our place they reward you by moving you to the next troubled walk. Watch out for it.
So true. You just get a reputation as a ' troubled walk problem solver' :Applause
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by aiden01 »

rambo1 wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2021, 19:51
no1postie wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 17:51
we all get sucked in to skipping breaks, coming in a little bit early, cutting corners, cutting off and still going home a little bit late every day, not to mention van checks, only me put fuel in the last two times, with four other drivers using the van. happy Christmas everyone :Very Happy
No. We don't. At least I don't. Always take full break. Always come in bang on time. Never cut corners. The rest is my choice if I work over but if I do, I claim every minute. I suggest everyone else does the same to at least give the boss a more accurate picture of the current situation he is in charge of. Why do we need to slag the Cwu off? I'm personally not a member. I do the job right and look after myself.
Because they are suppose to represent members in the best way they can..are they doing that i would say a A RESOUNDING NO..an why worry if your not a member. glad you can look after yourself👍
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by eastie »

WalkerX wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2021, 18:55
Clappedoutpostie wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 21:49
WalkerX wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 20:06
I ended up going out again with the foxes and vampires to complete (because it would be worse the next day). Repeat ad nauseum. :mad
If you clear a troubled walk out at our place they reward you by moving you to the next troubled walk. Watch out for it.
Ha ha. Yeah, looking out for that one. There`ll be some walks coming up on revision soon, and I think there`ll be some which no-one wants. There`s a chance I might be offered one. Do I go full time on a walk I don`t like, or get mucked around as a PT Res. Hmmm. Decisions decisions. :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm
does it matter if you just work to your finish time
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by rambo1 »

aiden01 wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2021, 20:00
rambo1 wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2021, 19:51
no1postie wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 17:51
we all get sucked in to skipping breaks, coming in a little bit early, cutting corners, cutting off and still going home a little bit late every day, not to mention van checks, only me put fuel in the last two times, with four other drivers using the van. happy Christmas everyone :Very Happy
No. We don't. At least I don't. Always take full break. Always come in bang on time. Never cut corners. The rest is my choice if I work over but if I do, I claim every minute. I suggest everyone else does the same to at least give the boss a more accurate picture of the current situation he is in charge of. Why do we need to slag the Cwu off? I'm personally not a member. I do the job right and look after myself.
Because they are suppose to represent members in the best way they can..are they doing that i would say a A RESOUNDING NO..an why worry if your not a member. glad you can look after yourself👍
If you're not happy with the 'service' you are paying for with the CWU ,vote with your wallet. The information to ' look after yourself ' is all to be found here ,just need to be strong.
Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 318
Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by Jahpostie »

eastie wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2021, 20:06
WalkerX wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2021, 18:55
Clappedoutpostie wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 21:49
WalkerX wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 20:06
I ended up going out again with the foxes and vampires to complete (because it would be worse the next day). Repeat ad nauseum. :mad
If you clear a troubled walk out at our place they reward you by moving you to the next troubled walk. Watch out for it.
Ha ha. Yeah, looking out for that one. There`ll be some walks coming up on revision soon, and I think there`ll be some which no-one wants. There`s a chance I might be offered one. Do I go full time on a walk I don`t like, or get mucked around as a PT Res. Hmmm. Decisions decisions. :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm
does it matter if you just work to your finish time
Of course it matters, the excess doesn't just disappear if you finish on your time. If it's your walk you're expected to eventually clear it. You'll be pressurised to clear. We're not all made of stone. Just work to your time doesn't cut it. Life becomes hell if you're working to time and leaving stuff on your own walk every day.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by aiden01 »

rambo1 wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2021, 20:21
aiden01 wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2021, 20:00
rambo1 wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2021, 19:51
no1postie wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 17:51
we all get sucked in to skipping breaks, coming in a little bit early, cutting corners, cutting off and still going home a little bit late every day, not to mention van checks, only me put fuel in the last two times, with four other drivers using the van. happy Christmas everyone :Very Happy
No. We don't. At least I don't. Always take full break. Always come in bang on time. Never cut corners. The rest is my choice if I work over but if I do, I claim every minute. I suggest everyone else does the same to at least give the boss a more accurate picture of the current situation he is in charge of. Why do we need to slag the Cwu off? I'm personally not a member. I do the job right and look after myself.
Because they are suppose to represent members in the best way they can..are they doing that i would say a A RESOUNDING NO..an why worry if your not a member. glad you can look after yourself👍
If you're not happy with the 'service' you are paying for with the CWU ,vote with your wallet. The information to ' look after yourself ' is all to be found here ,just need to be strong.
No worries there my friend i can look after myself perfectly well. but none of us ever know when we will need legal help perhaps or help with other things beyond our control im in no doubt there is some great reps out there esp on this site but i like to pay my way for help thanks.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by ssdd »

crimson king wrote: ↑
06 Nov 2021, 06:03
Clappedoutpostie wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 21:49
WalkerX wrote: ↑
05 Nov 2021, 20:06
I ended up going out again with the foxes and vampires to complete (because it would be worse the next day). Repeat ad nauseum. :mad
If you clear a troubled walk out at our place they reward you by moving you to the next troubled walk. Watch out for it.
Very wise words these. Indeed, today's favour becomes tomorrow's duty. Also...

Never stay out with the foxes and vampires.

He who works wisely and quickly shall be rewarded with the work of others that are yet wiser and reputedly shun the dark art of lapsing.

There be a special fiery place with a furnace for those that skippeth the ritual of breaks.

Likewise, a horned beast with a pronged tool awaits those that enter the gates of DOs before the permitted time and without due recompense.

The wizened old sage will, when asked, respond with a pithy "stick yer overtime up yer ass!"

Ahem...where am I?
@Clappedoutpostie, you've been here before...
@crimson king, I thoroughly enjoyed that post. Very poetic and unarguably true. :cool
Chelseablue
Posts: 2226
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by Chelseablue »

Anyone else struggling to get mail in the double slots implemented on your frame ? Its not even christmas pressure ( feels like it on the jobs they have made a mess) . One of the bosses response was just try and push it in , thanks for that response lol. Frames around you with under a half of calls youve got and large single slots , oh the fairness of it all. Bring on the catalogues , brochures etc!
no1postie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 129
Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 14:48
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by no1postie »

not directed at any other posters: the next time you find yourself pissing into a bent empty coke can in the bushes or behind the van with rain dripping off your nose, spare a thought for the fat cat investor who is not enjoying his cream tea at the grand because the price of leather for his next 6 birth yacht has gone through the roof ! how can he possibly pay for that ?
pieoftheday
Posts: 1843
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by pieoftheday »

Just over 4 weeks ago, all wheels fell off :Very Happy
Chelseablue
Posts: 2226
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by Chelseablue »

Only a few weeks ago offices were working , people were getting their mail daily , morale wasnt too bad , whats gone wrong ?
no1postie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 129
Joined: 16 Jan 2011, 14:48
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by no1postie »

No wheels on our wagon, 2/3 off sick, 15 confirmed covid and rest long term sick, stress or other. 12 men standing for 36 duties. i'm not trying to blame royal mail entirely for failing here, however there may have been a better recovery from this situation if moral and "goodwill" had not become so eroded. on the plus side lapsing, d2d and cutting off is not an issue, its about "do what you can" and they have brought in three extra managers who dont know the area. should work.
Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 318
Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by Jahpostie »

"and they have brought in three extra managers who dont know the area. should work."

Made me laugh out loud. Sums up Royal Mail.

There's a problem, so let's add 3 more!

Surely in such situations they should be handed a bag each - all hands on deck
twoloops
Posts: 2039
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by twoloops »

Delivered a load of Birthday Cards to a customer today, they’d been in the frame since Saturday her Birthday was Sunday :sad:
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: How long before the wheels fall off

Post by sindba »

The wheels came off our DO weeks ago. We've already skidded headlong into the big f**k off brick wall called "Christmas", and there's debris and body parts everywhere.