ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Bringing mail back, advice?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Re: Bringing mail back, advice?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Certainly common at our place. They rarely cover days off on paired duties nowadays. People are given the choice of doing parcels on both and leaving all the post, or take your own duty plus 2.5 hours OT to cover parcels on the paired vacent duty. I don't mind to be fair. My partner was off today. Was quiet, and they paid me an hour and half to come in early and full prep both my own and paired round; then got 2.5 hours OT to do the parcels on the round paired to mine along with clearing my own. Still finished on time. We'll catch up tomorrow as it'll be quiet again as it's Tuesday. If it's busy, and I can't be arsed with OT I just do packets on both which is much easier than walking round with a bag. I'm a duty holder though, which makes it far easier to judge and deliver ect. I wouldn't fancy being a reserve nowadays and you certainly shouldn't feel bad bringing stuff back, loads do it at our place. Just ask what the managers want you to do. Some will just say leave stuff in the frame, others will say call them and tell them what you're taking back.