ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

FEET.......Ouch

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Shandy123
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 19
Joined: 09 Nov 2019, 11:36
Gender: Male

Re: FEET.......Ouch

Post by Shandy123 »

Rael, the IAK wrote: ↑
28 Oct 2021, 21:43
Get a pair of the Magnum Banderas. They're like walking shoes. The Easyflex are too narrow for normal feet
I settled on a pair of these in a size larger than I normally take, after trying a pair in the normal size (pinched me above the toes), trying the wierd looking new black boots (bruised my soles due to no cushioning), and a pair of the shoes that looked like the boys (too narrow, too long, and kept tripping on stairs in blocks of flats).
hawkeye622
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
Gender: Male

Re: FEET.......Ouch

Post by hawkeye622 »

I break new work shoes in over a week or two. On the first day I'll wear them for a couple of loops then as the days go on I gradually wear them for longer. I tried wearing them all day when I first got them but my heel blistered badly, breaking them in solved that :Very Happy
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: FEET.......Ouch

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I'll go along with the "Decent Socks" advice. :thumbup

An Old & Bold postie gave me that advice years ago. When you think about it if you're putting in plus 5 mile days and wearing some thin white sports socks you picked up in the market for £4.99 for 8 pairs ... what do you expect? :hmmmm

The fact that you can pay £10 plus for a pair of decent walking socks puts a lot of people off .... but then they're same people that'll pay £3.50 for a cup of coffee! :crazy:

I'd suggest you find what works for you and invest in your kit, be it boots, socks or fleeces. We probably spend more time outdoors in shitty weather than the Army nowadays. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
StokieD
Posts: 19
Joined: 30 Jun 2018, 17:37
Gender: Male

Re: FEET.......Ouch

Post by StokieD »

I’ve just bought me fourth pair of Berghaus Expanse GoreTex shoes from Blacks online, £135 reduced to £99 and then another 15% off with code FOOT15 (expires midnight 1st Nov), with free delivery in 3-5 days. They are fantastically comfortable, last me a year working 4 days a week, and look the part. I tried various RM issue shoes and boots but they all crippled me. Cannot recommend these Berghaus ones highly enough!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: FEET.......Ouch

Post by Dorset Plodder »

StokieD wrote: ↑
31 Oct 2021, 14:29
I’ve just bought me fourth pair of Berghaus Expanse GoreTex shoes from Blacks online, £135 reduced to £99
You get what you pay for stokie. :thumbup I think it's worth investing in your kit instead of just moaning about what you're given. In a perfect world RM would be issuing us all with Gucci gortex trainers but meanwhile in the Real World ...... :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)