I have been with RM for 8 years now and wondering how long the notice period is? I was lead to believe it was always a week but have heard for new starters it is actually 4 weeks.
I moved house so not sure where my contract ended up and can not remember if I signed a new one or not when I went to 35 hours about two years ago. Regardless of this hour increase would it still be one week or could they have sneaked four in to these new contracts? Do not really want to go and ask as obviously tells them of my current intentions and I would rather them not know for now. Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Handing In Notice
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: Handing In Notice
It changed for new starters a few years ago (either 2017 or 2018), but if you have been in for 8 years your notice period will be 1 week.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
Haditup
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 27 Nov 2020, 07:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Handing In Notice
Before you hand in your notice have you considered contacting your GP?
They will give a sympathetic ear,help and breathing space which may be all you need or assist your transition to better lifestyle.
They will give a sympathetic ear,help and breathing space which may be all you need or assist your transition to better lifestyle.
-
nightcrawler
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 20 Sep 2018, 17:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Handing In Notice
I’ll be giving my notice in soon but I don’t plan on working it - I’ll be off with stress until my employment is officially terminated.