ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What RM shoes can anyone recommend please?
-
Selhurst
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 04 Oct 2020, 12:16
- Gender: Male
What RM shoes can anyone recommend please?
I currently have the RY08 Easyflex waterproof trainer
-
fluxburner
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 10:39
- Gender: Male
Re: What RM shoes can anyone recommend please?
In my opinion, nobody can recommend any shoes as it depends on your foot shape, posture and lots of other variables. Magnum shoes work well for me, but the boots are horrific, yet they are essentially the same footwear. Everything else I have tried has been utter crap except for the CAT trainers that were supplied about 10 yrs ago now.
There is no choice other than experimentation, but I have known managers allowing multiple orders of different shoes to try them out (for a day).
Regards
There is no choice other than experimentation, but I have known managers allowing multiple orders of different shoes to try them out (for a day).
Regards
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: What RM shoes can anyone recommend please?
A pair of wood clogs with a handful of gravel would give you more comfort than the cheap shite RM issue you with 
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3357
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Re: What RM shoes can anyone recommend please?
Are the Magnums back? If so, I might actually bother ordering a new uniform (as constantly nagged).fluxburner wrote: ↑25 Oct 2021, 18:32Magnum shoes work well for me, but the boots are horrific, yet they are essentially the same footwear.
Docs (gone) > Magnums (gone) > Stormflex (only option remotely boot-like last time I looked).
The machine stops.
-
Coffee lover
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 17 Jan 2021, 12:44
- Gender: Male
Re: What RM shoes can anyone recommend please?
I would recommend not using Royal Mail cheap rubbish that lasts 3 months as dim will then refuse to buy anymore as they are supposed to last 6 months which is actually impossible in our office and I guess everywhere else
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: What RM shoes can anyone recommend please?
As previously commented on, it's very much personal taste. This is a subject that comes up regularly so you might be able to get more opinions if you search the Old Posts.
For what it's worth I wear the RY13 Bandera Trainers and they agree with me. Some people think they're a bit heavy but I find them waterproof and with enough grip. I know some of my colleagues like to but their own Gucci Trainers & Boots (and you can get some money towards them) but I stopped paying out for workwear years ago. As mentioned footwear sometimes only lasts for 3 or 4 months, so I'd rather RM was paying for it! Good Luck with finding something that works for you.
For what it's worth I wear the RY13 Bandera Trainers and they agree with me. Some people think they're a bit heavy but I find them waterproof and with enough grip. I know some of my colleagues like to but their own Gucci Trainers & Boots (and you can get some money towards them) but I stopped paying out for workwear years ago. As mentioned footwear sometimes only lasts for 3 or 4 months, so I'd rather RM was paying for it! Good Luck with finding something that works for you.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)