ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked items .

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items .

Post by Dexydog »

I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
claretandblue
Posts: 914
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 12:14

Re: Tracked items .

Post by claretandblue »

Whose great idea was it to send customers notifications about what time to expect their parcel when we don't get to see this information ? Many a time i will deliver a very large parcel for the end of the duty first.
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items .

Post by Dexydog »

claretandblue wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 14:14
Whose great idea was it to send customers notifications about what time to expect their parcel when we don't get to see this information ? Many a time i will deliver a very large parcel for the end of the duty first.
Someone that doesn't have to listen to the customer complaining its 6 hours late.
I have flagged this up with 3 different DOMs now (you know, customer email says tracked item will be delivered between 7.41 and 12.57, when we don't even leave the office till after 9).
Tbh have given up even bothering to argue things can be done much better.
It's called joined up thinking, something RM are very poor at.
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items .

Post by chickenwittle »

Dexydog wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 10:51
I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
Ahh I was waiting for the one that was going to roll out the it’s your job line and you didn’t disappoint.I’ve been in the job over 30 years , I know it’s my job , I’m simply stating that Royal Mail could do a lot more to make customers aware regarding expected parcel deliveries.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items .

Post by aiden01 »

chickenwittle wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 16:48
Dexydog wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 10:51
I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
Ahh I was waiting for the one that was going to roll out the it’s your job line and you didn’t disappoint.I’ve been in the job over 30 years , I know it’s my job , I’m simply stating that Royal Mail could do a lot more to make customers aware regarding expected parcel deliveries.
An it was rolled out by someone who likes a good moan :Boo hoo!
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items .

Post by Dexydog »

chickenwittle wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 16:48
Dexydog wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 10:51
I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
Ahh I was waiting for the one that was going to roll out the it’s your job line and you didn’t disappoint.I’ve been in the job over 30 years , I know it’s my job , I’m simply stating that Royal Mail could do a lot more to make customers aware regarding expected parcel deliveries.
Completely agree.
The system used is rubbish and not fit for purpose.
Is it annoying?-of course it is.
My point was if it takes us longer, so what?
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items .

Post by Dexydog »

aiden01 wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 17:18
chickenwittle wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 16:48
Dexydog wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 10:51
I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
Ahh I was waiting for the one that was going to roll out the it’s your job line and you didn’t disappoint.I’ve been in the job over 30 years , I know it’s my job , I’m simply stating that Royal Mail could do a lot more to make customers aware regarding expected parcel deliveries.
An it was rolled out by someone who likes a good moan :Boo hoo!
Love a good moan.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Tracked items .

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

chickenwittle wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 16:48
Dexydog wrote: ↑
22 Oct 2021, 10:51
I don't get what the problem is.
This is our job, do it.
RM want us try neighbours.
So try a neighbour.
If you don't finish bring it back.
If you want to, and can do, the overtime because this then causes delay, stay out and finish and book the overtime.
If a gaffer then balls you out for booking that overtime, stop trying neighbours.
This pays your wages, stop moaning about.
Ahh I was waiting for the one that was going to roll out the it’s your job line and you didn’t disappoint.I’ve been in the job over 30 years , I know it’s my job , I’m simply stating that Royal Mail could do a lot more to make customers aware regarding expected parcel deliveries.
Actually from a post count and visitor numbers please carry on moaning, it helps create interaction and hopefully gives the posters some measure of relief.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items .

Post by Dexydog »

Isn't that why most people come on here?- to have a moan about stuff that either isn't fair, or usually a job that isn't do-able?
The feeling you are not alone thinking that.
In this case it wasn't actually me doing the moaning (usually is I grant you), but someone not being able to, er, deliver stuff.
I wasn't criticising that particular poster, my point was its actually costing the company more money in extra postie time due to not modernising, (and in another similar post recently trying to modernise but failing due to not utilising the tracking system to its fullest.
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items .

Post by chickenwittle »

Dexydog wrote: ↑
23 Oct 2021, 09:11
Isn't that why most people come on here?- to have a moan about stuff that either isn't fair, or usually a job that isn't do-able?
The feeling you are not alone thinking that.
In this case it wasn't actually me doing the moaning (usually is I grant you), but someone not being able to, er, deliver stuff.
I wasn't criticising that particular poster, my point was its actually costing the company more money in extra postie time due to not modernising, (and in another similar post recently trying to modernise but failing due to not utilising the tracking system to its fullest.
Which was my point .
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items .

Post by Dexydog »

chickenwittle wrote: ↑
23 Oct 2021, 10:58
Dexydog wrote: ↑
23 Oct 2021, 09:11
Isn't that why most people come on here?- to have a moan about stuff that either isn't fair, or usually a job that isn't do-able?
The feeling you are not alone thinking that.
In this case it wasn't actually me doing the moaning (usually is I grant you), but someone not being able to, er, deliver stuff.
I wasn't criticising that particular poster, my point was its actually costing the company more money in extra postie time due to not modernising, (and in another similar post recently trying to modernise but failing due to not utilising the tracking system to its fullest.
Which was my point .

Fair enough.
Apologies if I was out of line.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked items .

Post by POSTMAN »

EdRush wrote: ↑
21 Oct 2021, 22:10
Last mile packet delivery is a scandalous waste of time, and frankly, the earth's finite fossil fuel resource when the item isn't successfully delivered

The government should tax the f**k out of delivery companys, to kick them up the arse and force them do something about it
UK GOVERNMENT: WE WILL TRANSFORM LAST MILE DELIVERIES
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.