ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

4 years sick pay rules

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Bellalou
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Dec 2020, 04:24
Gender: Male

4 years sick pay rules

Post by Bellalou »

Hi there everyone, I’m a Royal Mail employee of 34 years and have had a lot of time off work with sickness, can anyone explain the one year sick in four years counting back rule before you get nil pay the next time you are off again, a manager explained it to me years ago, does it still exist, thanks in advance
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: will i go back on stage 1 warning?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Bellalou wrote: ↑
17 Oct 2021, 20:35
Hi there everyone, I’m a Royal Mail employee of 34 years and have had a lot of time off work with sickness, can anyone explain the one year sick in four years counting back rule before you get nil pay the next time you are off again, a manager explained it to me years ago, does it still exist, thanks in advance
Hello Bellalou. Welcome to RMC. 34 years service and your first post! :thumbup

I think you'd be better off going back to the Home page and reposting your question as a new post. Your question is tagged onto the end of a 2 year old post, which might not be picked up by a lot of people. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: will i go back on stage 1 warning?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I'll split it
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72754
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: 4 years sick pay rules

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: 4 years sick pay rules

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Thanks for doing that TBT. :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: 4 years sick pay rules

Post by POSTMAN »

Teebs, I didn't think the PDF code worked and thought I'd taken it off. :oops:
Can you guys see the pdf on your phones?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: 4 years sick pay rules

Post by ssdd »

POSTMAN wrote: ↑
18 Oct 2021, 14:59
Teebs, I didn't think the PDF code worked and thought I'd taken it off. :oops:
Can you guys see the pdf on your phones?
Not seeing it here.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: 4 years sick pay rules

Post by Dorset Plodder »

The link works on my PC. :thumbup
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)