Hi,
I have seen few vacancies on the success factors website for the above position.
Can a family member apply for this position or is it just for the already existing RM employees?
Are females allowed to work in the night shift at mail sorting centers?
Thanks in advance
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mail sorter - NW10 Full time vacancy
-
postman15
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 28 Jan 2017, 23:58
- Gender: Male
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Mail sorter - NW10 Full time vacancy
they can't apply on success factors (as it's an internal recruitment site), but they can apply if it's advertised on the Royal Mail recruitment website.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postman15
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 28 Jan 2017, 23:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail sorter - NW10 Full time vacancy
I'm on 25 hours part time. But generally on average working 25-35 hours extra as Overtime. It's only just couple of months during the year I won't work this many hours.
If I applied for the full time 37 hours and get selected will my current depot let me move to this new job role?
Will it be hard to change to this new role?
If I applied for the full time 37 hours and get selected will my current depot let me move to this new job role?
Will it be hard to change to this new role?
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail sorter - NW10 Full time vacancy
As far as I'm aware if you apply for a transfer officially through success factors then your current office can't prevent you from going.postman15 wrote: ↑17 Oct 2021, 07:54I'm on 25 hours part time. But generally on average working 25-35 hours extra as Overtime. It's only just couple of months during the year I won't work this many hours.
If I applied for the full time 37 hours and get selected will my current depot let me move to this new job role?
Will it be hard to change to this new role?
I'm sure you'll adapt to the new job obviously it'll be working inside rather than walking the streets, I've no experience of mail centre work so maybe someone on here who's done both could offer advice.
-
postman15
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 28 Jan 2017, 23:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail sorter - NW10 Full time vacancy
I don't mind working night shift as i have worked in a night shift environment for few years before.
This gives me a far better flexibility.
Alsomy wife willable to work during morning times which upto now not possible due to my working pattern.I usually we from 4.30 am upto 5pm depends on the workload.
Maybe the money might be less for this position but if she starts working hopefully our income will be much higher.
Thanks for your reply.
I hope someone who has experience working in the mail sorting can provide me some insight about this job role
This gives me a far better flexibility.
Alsomy wife willable to work during morning times which upto now not possible due to my working pattern.I usually we from 4.30 am upto 5pm depends on the workload.
Maybe the money might be less for this position but if she starts working hopefully our income will be much higher.
Thanks for your reply.
I hope someone who has experience working in the mail sorting can provide me some insight about this job role
-
postman2015
- Posts: 38
- Joined: 26 Dec 2014, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail sorter - NW10 Full time vacancy
Cant find those vacancies anymore in the sucess factors website.
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: Mail sorter - NW10 Full time vacancy
I've worked in four different mail centres so far with Royal Mail. (They just keep getting closed on me.)ted_e_bear wrote: ↑17 Oct 2021, 08:33As far as I'm aware if you apply for a transfer officially through success factors then your current office can't prevent you from going.postman15 wrote: ↑17 Oct 2021, 07:54I'm on 25 hours part time. But generally on average working 25-35 hours extra as Overtime. It's only just couple of months during the year I won't work this many hours.
If I applied for the full time 37 hours and get selected will my current depot let me move to this new job role?
Will it be hard to change to this new role?
I'm sure you'll adapt to the new job obviously it'll be working inside rather than walking the streets, I've no experience of mail centre work so maybe someone on here who's done both could offer advice.
Workplace culture varies wildly from place to place, even from different shifts. You could be spending a leisurely morning chucking parcels into red-sleeves and chatting with your mates. Or you could be running ragged, with a line of managers standing behind you with their arms crossed. It's really random.
Sorry to be useless but try to find someone who works there.
-
postman15
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 28 Jan 2017, 23:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail sorter - NW10 Full time vacancy
Thanks for the info. Seems like the vacancy is not available anymore...