LTB397/17 Royal Mail Group (RMG) Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Standard 2.7 "Management of Dog Attack Risks":
Reporting-Dog-attacks-to-RMG-Security-and-USO-Process
LTB 271/21 – Royal Mail – ‘Dog Attack Compensation Scheme’ and Claim Form
Please see the above links as well. And get your area H&S rep on the case.
it has again come to our attention in the Health, Safety & Environment Department that many Branch Reps and members who are injured in dog attacks and are subsequently off work sick are not aware of, and do not make applications under the Royal Mail Dog Attack Compensation Scheme.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Advice needed please : Dog attack
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed please
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3526
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed please
Your union rep seems the best person to approach, even if you are not in the union they may assist. Unless you can be 100% sure the dog is locked behind a closed gate/fence then there's no way I'd enter the garden.Cliffy12 wrote: ↑09 Oct 2021, 21:38There's no external postbox, I still have to enter the front garden to get to the letterbox, the fence has allegedly been raised at the side of the house to prevent it jumping over into the street again. I work on so many different duties (and hardly ever on this one) that I can't believe there isn't somewhere else they could put me on my first day back. I'm 5ft tall and 7 stone soaking wet (female - not a teeny weeny bloke btw !) I used to love the job, it's bloody hard work but I loved it, but now if I could afford to walk away today, I would.
As far as pursuing a claim I assume like any claim the union will have to prove the owner was negligent in some way?
-
pieoftheday
- Posts: 1843
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 16:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed please : Dog attack
Refuse to deliver mail to that address and even the ones nearby if you dont think it's safe, just refuse, been there done it. Nobody can tell you to put yourself in danger and, NOBODYCliffy12 wrote: ↑09 Oct 2021, 18:05Hi, can anyone help please ?
Been with RM just under 3 years, still a reserve. Got quite a nasty dog bite recently - needed stitches & x-rays - large dog came out of a garden and out onto street to attack me. Had a minor bite last year but this was bloody terrifying. Had a week off sick which then ran straight into 2 weeks A/L. Bite has taken longer than I expected to get to the 'ok' stage it's at today - still sore & healing but useable hand.
I'm back on Monday and just found out that I've been put on the same duty (all week) where I got bitten 3 weeks ago.
I know loads of different duties and I'm rarely on the same one more than a day or so and don't often do this particular one so why the hell they've done this is beyond me - are they just insensitive tw*ts or something more bloody minded ?
Would appreciate someone else's perspective please .
-
sfxdby
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 28 Jan 2012, 21:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed please : Dog attack
Yeah, definitely sounds like Royal Mail Management. Pillocks.
They don't need to put you on that delivery, as you do lots of other duties, so try a bit of brinkmanship.
Go to the DOM or Manager, say that you're not happy to do that particular duty because it is stressing you out.
Ask if you could possibly do a duty which you haven't been attacked on.
If they say no, it's not possible, then say you are going home; and that you will ring the doctor's to try and deal with the stress that YOU are causing me.
My money's on you not making it to your car.
They don't need to put you on that delivery, as you do lots of other duties, so try a bit of brinkmanship.
Go to the DOM or Manager, say that you're not happy to do that particular duty because it is stressing you out.
Ask if you could possibly do a duty which you haven't been attacked on.
If they say no, it's not possible, then say you are going home; and that you will ring the doctor's to try and deal with the stress that YOU are causing me.
My money's on you not making it to your car.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed please : Dog attack
That's what I love about this site. The different viewpoints, and the things you learn - brinkmanship! I had to Google that. Nice, sfxdby.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Advice needed please : Dog attack
Make sure they've put it on WRAP. In there, there is a section to be ticked about barriers to any animals. The barrier in this case is the gate. Whether you can see the dog or not over the gate, you should not go in as this is a proven dangerous animal. The DOM should be insisting on an external box.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: Advice needed please : Dog attack
I've been bitten once & nipped twice, contact the police & local council & insist the dog is put down 