ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick of my stomach churning

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by Sugar »

janty wrote: ↑
20 Sep 2021, 09:13
Small cliques in on the office fighting with each other back stabbing Making stupid noises when you walk past.
Exactly the same type of childish idiotic mentality I had to deal with in my office. Listening and dealing with that type of sh!t every day month after month year after year grinds you down. It did me. And yes like you the managers in my office knew all about it and turned a blind eye. I got out on IHR and thank goodness I did, life has been much better since.

Good luck with your meeting, hope you get what you want and get out too.
nightcrawler
Posts: 189
Joined: 20 Sep 2018, 17:05
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by nightcrawler »

Sugar wrote: ↑
21 Sep 2021, 18:26
janty wrote: ↑
20 Sep 2021, 09:13
Small cliques in on the office fighting with each other back stabbing Making stupid noises when you walk past.
Exactly the same type of childish idiotic mentality I had to deal with in my office. Listening and dealing with that type of sh!t every day month after month year after year grinds you down. It did me. And yes like you the managers in my office knew all about it and turned a blind eye. I got out on IHR and thank goodness I did, life has been much better since.

Good luck with your meeting, hope you get what you want and get out too.
We have a handful (around 4-5) of people in our office who are loud, often abusive (but in a “joking” way), who get away with murder. Things like making cups of tea/coffee outside of break times, going for cigarette breaks...and the managers just turn a blind eye cos these people run the office. If you removed this handful of toxic people our office would be so much more bearable to work in.
priority102
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 520
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
Gender: Female

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by priority102 »

Exactly the same type of childish idiotic mentality I had to deal with in my office. Listening and dealing with that type of sh!t every day month after month year after year grinds you down. It did me. And yes like you the managers in my office knew all about it and turned a blind eye. I got out on IHR and thank goodness I did, life has been much better since.

Good luck with your meeting, hope you get what you want and get out too.
[/quote]

Spot on, I got out, what an improvement my life is now!
janty
Posts: 21
Joined: 06 May 2010, 19:50
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by janty »

Thanks. I had my meeting yesterday. My DOM has arranged a for me to be loaned into the local mail centre for a few months. If it suits me he’ll arrange a transfer. He was really helpful. I used to work in a mail centre and there was non of them s—-t you get in DO’s. Like you say managers just turn a blind eye knowing everyone will be on the street in a couple of hours. A toxic working environment is failing Royal Mails duty of care to its staff who are expected to work there daily. It does grind you down and eventually you bring it home with you. This is when the problems start. This is my last attempt to stay with Royal Mail. I wonder will I make it to 22 years??🤔