ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New PDA
-
WalkerX
- Posts: 432
- Joined: 20 Feb 2021, 22:31
- Gender: Male
Re: New PDA
The new PDAs are quicker and smaller, but there are still issues with freezing, and delays in the item`s scanning being confirmed, so it`s difficult to know if it has been recorded or not. Noticeably worse today in the rain.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: New PDA
For those who want to get really technical (such as tech geeks like me):
Zebra TC52x/TC52ax/TC57x Product Spec Sheet
Zebra TC52x/TC52ax/TC57x Product Spec Sheet
-
par4mrl
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 21 Feb 2013, 22:34
- Gender: Male
Re: New PDA
Scan button in the wrong place. Power on button in the wrong place. Auto rotate is very very frustrating. This was a 150 million investment and I’d love to know how many posties were onboard with the trials. This is RM through and through and highlights why they are so far behind over companies in this market.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: New PDA
You know, I've kind of gotten over the scan/power button thing now, myself. Was a bit annoying at first. But the auto-rotate?par4mrl wrote: ↑15 Sep 2021, 22:08Scan button in the wrong place. Power on button in the wrong place. Auto rotate is very very frustrating. This was a 150 million investment and I’d love to know how many posties were onboard with the trials. This is RM through and through and highlights why they are so far behind over companies in this market.
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: New PDA
I'm annoyed that the new PDA isn't heavy enough to pound loudly on a customer's door. 
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: New PDA
It is so light that you'll have a fair chance of catching it when it drops off someones window sill or wheely bin whilst you're filling out a 739. Anyone found out how well they bounce yet? They look and feel like a kids toy. I don't see them lasting too long.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: New PDA
Balanced mine on a rail while I wrote 739 out & it fell about 7 floors down a stair well & survive.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: New PDA
I agree , I think the casing isn’t sturdy enough , the buttons feel very cheaply made, although it did bounce the other day , when I dropped it , they’re as useless as ever in the wet.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: New PDA
We've got 2 'New PDA' threads...
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Re: New PDA
Yeah, I see that too.
The two threads should be merged, or one closed with a link to the other one that stays open.
The two threads should be merged, or one closed with a link to the other one that stays open.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: New PDA
I’ve dumped the strap off mine, gets in the way.
-
nightcrawler
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 20 Sep 2018, 17:05
- Gender: Male
-
theargyspy
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: UK
Re: New PDA
Well so much for them being rainproof, they failed the first real downpour since we were issued with them, on delivery on tuesday we had our usual monthly average rainfall come down in one day and new PDA failed miserably... They expect us to work in all weathers, it's a shame the equipment they provide isn't up to the job
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"