ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick of my stomach churning

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Postmangit
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 85
Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by Postmangit »

I was hoping to make it to 60 in two years time so I could get my pension lump sum without losing any by having it early, but that lump sum is no good if I don’t make it to then?
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by ssdd »

Postmangit wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2021, 19:36
I was hoping to make it to 60 in two years time so I could get my pension lump sum without losing any by having it early, but that lump sum is no good if I don’t make it to then?
First off, I'm not in any position to give you advice on your pension. There are others here that are more knowledgeable if you want to know more about that.
2 years isn't a long time in the scale of your working life, but if you can't face what you're doing, then it would seem unachievable. Even getting out of bed can seem unachievable for some people with severe illness. As others here have pointed out, you need to get your mental health sorted first. When you are in a stronger position mentally, you will be able to see the situation more objectively. Then you can make a decision as to what your next move will be.
Postmangit
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 85
Joined: 07 Nov 2014, 11:30
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by Postmangit »

Thanks everyone for your advice. Like you say this resign isn’t going to sort me out. 😬
janty
Posts: 21
Joined: 06 May 2010, 19:50
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by janty »

Postmangit wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2021, 20:25
Thanks everyone for your advice. Like you say this resign isn’t going to sort me out. 😬
It won’t. Just kick the can down the road. Then the cycle will begin again. If you have been suffering with mental illness for over 12 months you will fall under DDA. Or as is now the equality act 2010 I think. Adjustments must be made for you to enable you to return to work. Your absences should also be discounted. Although I feel that you have now had enough. Try getting transferred to see your two years out. Good luck mate.
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by Yamr1 »

Wonder if Simon Thomson feels like that in the morning his stomach turning, flight or train paid by royalmail and then he goes to certain offices that DOMs spout crap that it's all gd in there offices .
Probly get him cakes and sandwiches for his breakfast aswell.
Would love a job not his of course but to be looking out for the postman on they vists with him and fire into the managers and then go see the opgs and AG's and then tell Simon how it really is when manager's are talking bollocks to him
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by Yamr1 »

They have mental health ambassadors etc for royalmail

Need a new role to work with Simon and higher management that lives in the real planet and has loads of experience in the company and tell the the truth and facts and can notice all the crap in delivery offices talking to the staff
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by Yamr1 »

Back to your point friend

Dont resign there loads of help out there and that's one good thing RMG is gd at feeling first class + loads more etc
Always tell freinds family how you feel cause 1 in 4 feel the same emotions and when you do tell someone its some relief trust me .
Stay safe plus message me if you need to talk
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by ssdd »

Yamr1 wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2021, 21:56
Always tell freinds family how you feel cause 1 in 4 feel the same emotions and when you do tell someone its some relief trust me .
I know you mean well Yamr1, but sometimes when you're in a certain frame of mind, that's the last thing you want to do. Sometimes you want to hide it from them. The OP shouldn't feel he has to talk to anyone. Although it can sometimes help, sometimes it doesn't. I still feel that an urgent Doctors appointment would be the best course of action right now.
Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 318
Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by Jahpostie »

I've been in the situation twice at another company and basically you need to leave, only then will you get better. The first step is go to the doctor. They are super sympathetic because stress, anxiety and depression are rife in modern society. They will sign you off and keep signing you off. This will hopefully give you time to decide what your next steps are. Unfortunately what I found was that I was hounded by management. I suspect the same will happen at Royal Mail. The first time I returned for a few years. The second time I knew what was going on, was off for a few months, stabilised, got another job, returned to work and handed in my notice. I knew I couldn't continue and I was right.
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by Yamr1 »

ssdd wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2021, 22:13
Yamr1 wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2021, 21:56
Always tell freinds family how you feel cause 1 in 4 feel the same emotions and when you do tell someone its some relief trust me .
I know you mean well Yamr1, but sometimes when you're in a certain frame of mind, that's the last thing you want to do. Sometimes you want to hide it from them. The OP shouldn't feel he has to talk to anyone. Although it can sometimes help, sometimes it doesn't. I still feel that an urgent Doctors appointment would be the best course of action right now.
Everyone is different bud
I Was the same as you
Then I opened up to with family then gradually the work and staff
Mega relief when everyone knows how you feel massive weight of your shoulders

But trust me bud do what you feel comfortable with

Take as long at it takes you
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by ssdd »

Yamr1 wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2021, 22:38
ssdd wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2021, 22:13
Yamr1 wrote: ↑
13 Sep 2021, 21:56
Always tell freinds family how you feel cause 1 in 4 feel the same emotions and when you do tell someone its some relief trust me .
I know you mean well Yamr1, but sometimes when you're in a certain frame of mind, that's the last thing you want to do. Sometimes you want to hide it from them. The OP shouldn't feel he has to talk to anyone. Although it can sometimes help, sometimes it doesn't. I still feel that an urgent Doctors appointment would be the best course of action right now.
Everyone is different bud
I Was the same as you
Then I opened up to with family then gradually the work and staff
Mega relief when everyone knows how you feel massive weight of your shoulders

But trust me bud do what you feel comfortable with

Take as long at it takes you
Yes you can. The choice is yours. :thumbup
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by Yamr1 »

Definitely bud
Yamr1
Posts: 625
Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
Gender: Female

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by Yamr1 »

Were all here for you as you can see with the replys
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by ssdd »

Postmangit wrote: ↑
12 Sep 2021, 21:39
Not sleeping most nights through thinking about work the next day, on sertraline for the last 2 years for anxiety & stress I need to go having done 32 years & 58 soon, I’m finding it hard to make the decision & don’t want to let my family down? 😢
Just wanted to drop this in for you or anyone else to have a look at, if you haven't seen it already. It's something called The Wonderful Life Academy. It was set up by a Postie. It's his video that I think is quite inspiring and may offer you some hope: https://wonderfullifeacademy.com/about/

This is the link to the myroyalmail page about it: https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2021/0 ... erful-life
biggiehud
Posts: 31
Joined: 07 Jun 2013, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: Sick of my stomach churning

Post by biggiehud »

It’s not work what’s toxic it’s the tablets from the quack
Have you read the side affects mate there’s you problem
Right there