We have made some welcome changes to our new uniform ordering process – based on your feedback and comments
We’ve updated and improved the new uniform ordering process based on your feedback – so that colleagues are now able to order the uniform accessories they want and need when making their requests as opposed to ALL products in the range.
National uniform and print manager Sam Dixon said: ‘Anyone placing orders for their new uniform will now be given the choice as to whether they order the accessories like headwear, belts and base layers, and footwear has been moved to the BAU ordering process.
‘With the brand-new uniform, we had wanted to give everyone the opportunity to try all the products in the new range as they are very different. But we were getting a lot of calls and emails about this from colleagues who were frustrated that just didn’t need everything.
‘So, based on your suggestions, we have worked with our suppliers, Dimensions, to update our ordering portal to reflect the changes you have asked for.
‘We are always open to feedback and hope these changes will not only make ordering uniform simpler for you but cut down on any unnecessary waste and admin time for everyone.
‘We are unable to amend any orders placed before August 24, but of course, if colleagues find they have ordered items that they would absolutely never wear, they can return them back to Dimensions.’
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Changes to new uniform ordering process
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Changes to new uniform ordering process
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
theargyspy
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: UK
Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process
Wow, common sense prevails, 37 years plus in service I NEVER thought I'd see that 
Now we need them to find a way to alter our original orders so we don't end up with the men's tights etc
Now we need them to find a way to alter our original orders so we don't end up with the men's tights etc
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process
Would you prefer the women's tights, sir?theargyspy wrote: ↑01 Sep 2021, 11:36Wow, common sense prevails, 37 years plus in service I NEVER thought I'd see that
Now we need them to find a way to alter our original orders so we don't end up with the men's tights etc
-
theargyspy
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: UK
Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process
Only at weekendsssdd wrote: ↑01 Sep 2021, 17:04Would you prefer the women's tights, sir?theargyspy wrote: ↑01 Sep 2021, 11:36Wow, common sense prevails, 37 years plus in service I NEVER thought I'd see that
Now we need them to find a way to alter our original orders so we don't end up with the men's tights etc![]()
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process
Suits you sir, ooh!theargyspy wrote: ↑01 Sep 2021, 17:51Only at weekendsssdd wrote: ↑01 Sep 2021, 17:04Would you prefer the women's tights, sir?theargyspy wrote: ↑01 Sep 2021, 11:36Wow, common sense prevails, 37 years plus in service I NEVER thought I'd see that
Now we need them to find a way to alter our original orders so we don't end up with the men's tights etc![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2039
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process
When I asked our DOM why we had to order everything, she said on launch day they wanted us in all the kit all looking the same, you will not be able to wear any of your old kit?
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process
Can't see the old boys giving up their Harrington's without a fight...ALL the kit you say? Just picturing that....
-
Alantidey
- Posts: 40
- Joined: 30 Mar 2017, 06:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process
How about the posties wanting to wear shirts instead of polo shirts? I can’t believe we’re restricted to just one! It’s not like the shirts are dress shirts and worn for special occasions! It’s got pockets so much more useful than a polo. Will there be an opportunity to order more?
Good work with the other stuff though. I can’t see me wearing tights any time soon.
Good work with the other stuff though. I can’t see me wearing tights any time soon.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Changes to new uniform ordering process
It's crazy, this one shirt policy, but that's almost how they're treating it. Like it is for special occasions. In the end I just went with 5 short sleeve polos. It's what I wear at the moment. One for each day. One wash at the end of the week. Repeat. Stuff this 'which one shall I wear today?'.Alantidey wrote: ↑02 Sep 2021, 21:06How about the posties wanting to wear shirts instead of polo shirts? I can’t believe we’re restricted to just one! It’s not like the shirts are dress shirts and worn for special occasions! It’s got pockets so much more useful than a polo. Will there be an opportunity to order more?
Good work with the other stuff though. I can’t see me wearing tights any time soon.![]()
The new hi-viz vests have pockets, so if you wear one of them you'll have extra anyway. The replenishment period for most of the new uniform is 24 months! That includes the tights, though quite how these are supposed to last that long I don't know. Maybe they're supposed to be for special occasions also.