ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual leave entitlement when leaving company - back and forth with DOM and HR
-
olls
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 31 Aug 2021, 23:52
- Gender: Male
Annual leave entitlement when leaving company - back and forth with DOM and HR
I left the company at the end of July, I have yet to receive any outstanding annual leave payments - which I work out to be at least 5 days. I’ve contacted my DOM multiple times who says he cannot access my details on the system as I have left and HR say my manager has to send details of any outstanding leave. Where do I stand with this and who is the right person(s) to chase? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
-
burton76
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 08 Nov 2017, 14:31
- Gender: Female
Re: Annual leave entitlement when leaving company - back and forth with DOM and HR
You'll go round incircles with them. If you can work out exactly how much you can lodge an illegal deduction tribunal - quick and simple a hearing with one judge who will award in your favour if you prove it.
If you don't know the amount a small claim's court may be better.
If you don't know the amount a small claim's court may be better.
-
olls
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 31 Aug 2021, 23:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave entitlement when leaving company - back and forth with DOM and HR
I never got a printed leave card and I’m now kicked off the people app which showed my allowance, I will look into the small claims court route but I thought it might be easier than that.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72754
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Annual leave entitlement when leaving company - back and forth with DOM and HR
Just to double checks April, May and June are the only months you worked for Royal Mail, and you took no leave during that time, at least from this year's entitlement.olls wrote: ↑31 Aug 2021, 23:58I left the company at the end of July, I have yet to receive any outstanding annual leave payments - which I work out to be at least 5 days. I’ve contacted my DOM multiple times who says he cannot access my details on the system as I have left and HR say my manager has to send details of any outstanding leave. Where do I stand with this and who is the right person(s) to chase? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you took no leave at best case you would have accrued 2.5 days per month. Worst case 1.8. So that gives a range between 7.5 days and 5.4 days.
If you carried any leave over from last year, or more than 5 days unofficially then that would complicate the situation.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
olls
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 31 Aug 2021, 23:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave entitlement when leaving company - back and forth with DOM and HR
I worked for RM up until the 30th July, I had 3 days carried over from last year and I used 5 days leave in June , which those 3 should have been used up then. So in theory I should have used 2 days leave and around 5 days outstanding, but I cannot get in contact with anyone that will give me this information.TrueBlueTerrier wrote: ↑02 Sep 2021, 08:50Just to double checks April, May and June are the only months you worked for Royal Mail, and you took no leave during that time, at least from this year's entitlement.olls wrote: ↑31 Aug 2021, 23:58I left the company at the end of July, I have yet to receive any outstanding annual leave payments - which I work out to be at least 5 days. I’ve contacted my DOM multiple times who says he cannot access my details on the system as I have left and HR say my manager has to send details of any outstanding leave. Where do I stand with this and who is the right person(s) to chase? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If you took no leave at best case you would have accrued 2.5 days per month. Worst case 1.8. So that gives a range between 7.5 days and 5.4 days.
If you carried any leave over from last year, or more than 5 days unofficially then that would complicate the situation.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Annual leave entitlement when leaving company - back and forth with DOM and HR
Having read your troubles, I think I'll use up any outstanding leave and leave the business start of April so I'm all squared off. Don't trust these sharks, once you leave, that's it they're not interested any more.