ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What type of customers annoy you most

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
i love mail sort
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Apr 2007, 21:40
Location: its either Hell or a bad dream

What do Customers do that annoy you

Post by i love mail sort »

What do Customers do that annoy you at work, has anyone got any good stories?

98% percent of people i deliver to are fine but some people are just thick. Heres a few things that pissed me off over the few months.

1. I knocked on this door with a parcel (i heard someone talking) kept knocking but they wouldn't answer the door, so i got pissed off and put a docket through. Then when i was walking back down the drive they came out and said " I heard you but i was on the phone" this was a cordless one as well.

2. When i cover people walks, people coming up to me asking for their mail that isn't even in my bag. i have to explain to them i don't know who they are and can't give them the mail.
Last edited by i love mail sort on 21 Oct 2010, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I had one today - rain coming down like stair rods and I had a packet - knocked on the door and the woman comes to the glass door and says "Hang on" 3 minutes later she finds the key and I hand over the parcel - she then complains "Its wet" - I said "If you had unlocked the door straight away it would be drier" - waiting for a complaint when I get in Monday now. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
i love mail sort
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Apr 2007, 21:40
Location: its either Hell or a bad dream

Post by i love mail sort »

People not finding there keys is a good example, i often say to them in my cheeky voice " you wouldn't last long in a fire" :nana
newpostie
Posts: 157
Joined: 10 Oct 2007, 16:04

Post by newpostie »

1. when they give you the filthiest look wen u forget to close the gate!

2. how rude some people are not saying thank yu wen uv had to carry ther big parcel round with them.

3. people calling me postman pat!

4. complaining when mail is wet, 'have you seen the weather'. slightly obvious the reason why it is wet, hense theres nothing i can do bout it!

5. when somone on the other side of the road ask you for a piece of mail, and u look all the way through your bag and they aint got anything. I ask them if there expecting anything? 'no' they say.

could go on for days!
solcat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 153
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 15:26

Post by solcat »

Any one shouting Oi, or whistling, I just carry on and how many people get out of their beds and try and open the front door straight away :crazy:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

solcat wrote:Any one shouting Oi, or whistling, I just carry on and how many people get out of their beds and try and open the front door straight away :crazy:
Actually I don't mind waiting to hand over a packet or get a signature - all they have to do is knock on the window so I know they are there and I will wait a reasonable amount of time. After all its less hassle than taking it back.

I did have one woman shout Oi at me once and I ignored her - she then shouts out "F...ing Ignorant Bast.....rd" - Yeah I was bound to respond to that wasn't I.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
gunners1
Posts: 46
Joined: 28 Jun 2007, 22:25

Post by gunners1 »

your late today over sleep (no just busy) oh
madelin4
Posts: 1220
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:56

Post by madelin4 »

None of my own customers stand out where they annoy me, i really like my bunch. But when i used to cover other walks it really annoys me when people rant about gates!!im lucky i dont have a lot of gates, any i do open i close behind me, and a lot would be left open for me anyhow. It annoys me when people say your late 2day!!i wud just say if only you knew the half of it!lol!! most of all i dont get really a lot that would annoy me while out walking. :Very Happy
leiwolf
Posts: 217
Joined: 09 Nov 2007, 18:42
Location: Lancs

Post by leiwolf »

Talk to you like your a piece of shite, tends to annoy me
Actually the was someone who annoy me big time, he phoned up to ask about the polish bloke who gave him a parcel, the most ironic thing about it was, that I am part german who great grandpa was in the nazi party (please no slating, most german people at that time had no choice but to be a member)
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Dozens of them when handed mail say "I hope it's not more bills" or "If they're bills you can keep them" and think it's really funny as if noone has ever said that to a postman before.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Post by baldrick »

When I was on firm's collections it was people in the street who would ask me where was the letter/parcel that they were expecting. Like every postperson knows where every one of the 80m items in the system is.
And when I am walking to work I get people asking me where the nearest pillar box is, or where number X or Y in the street is :d'oh! - I usually point out that generally even numbers are on one side of the street, and odd numbers on the other, and they usually run from lowest to highest.
What especially gets me is when they ask when I am in a Square and the numbers run consecutively. :neutral:
Last edited by baldrick on 28 Dec 2007, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
combocrasher
Posts: 47
Joined: 28 Dec 2007, 19:23
Location: Englandshire

Post by combocrasher »

Had one today that really annoyed me, he clicked his fingers at me almst launched myself at him, told him never ever to click his fingers at me again, i even got an apology
hooniebagoonie
Posts: 134
Joined: 24 Jul 2007, 13:58
Location: west london

Post by hooniebagoonie »

what pisses me off is the tight fisted ones who never gave me an xmas tip....a year of shutting there gates waiting for them to answer the door while its pouring down....bloody dogs snatching the mail thru the letter box...never a word of thanks for leaving pkts with neighbours to save them going to the callers office etc etc etc.......well that all changes for 2008...i help nobody but me and the odd cpl that did tip me......they seem to think im scum for going on strike so i will be scum
rant over
newpostie
Posts: 157
Joined: 10 Oct 2007, 16:04

Post by newpostie »

what does my hed in aswell one someone asks you for directions in the next town, like you know where this is! or wen sumone pulls ova and asks me for directions to the hospital and theres a 20 ft signpost telling em, does ma hed in lol.

Also wen a customer says 'ur l8 today' the normal postmans normally here an hour ago! well maybe if you got ur facts right and realise that i aint the same postman, i start at 9 while hes in at 6, maybe thats your reason lol
dave7634
Posts: 289
Joined: 08 Jun 2007, 08:54

Post by dave7634 »

i love mail sort wrote:People not finding there keys is a good example, i often say to them in my cheeky voice " you wouldn't last long in a fire" :nana
I used to collect from a house which ran a business within. I called every day and yet they used to have the door locked and you'd ring the ruddy bell and then hear them run downstairs. Through that wobbly glass you'd see them fumbling with a bunch of keys that a jailer would be proud of and then they'd shout, "Just a minute!" while you're freezing to death or getting p*ss wet through on the other side! :mad