ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

who is very concerned about our future?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
world class male
Posts: 906
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

who is very concerned about our future?

Post by world class male »

read numerous posts here and on workplace and it appears to me things look very bleak for the immediate future
doms + their support seem to be against senior management
we are at our usual stance against both
cwu hq input into the real life at an all time low
all the extremely hard work by us over the last 18 months has now gone and it's now back to screw you, you won't have a steady day
senior management fighting amongst themselves because they cannot do the revisions in time and will end up bodging them up asap causing more trouble just to appease the shareholders

those are just a few bullet points and sure many more could be added to the current fiasco

i can see a very grim winter approaching and without a very early response from the cwu to react to problems that will no doubt occur in numerous sites across the uk very soon straight away and to actually be on our side it will lead to chaos and tears
we desperately need our union leaders to stop eating prawn sandwiches and drinking latte's with the ceo and his cronies, we need you on the floor with us dealing with our current issues which quite a few don't even involve revisions yet by the look of it
postiepete2
Posts: 49
Joined: 24 Feb 2020, 08:35
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by postiepete2 »

CWU - BACKSTABBING SPINELESS PUSSIES :nana :nana :nana
WASD
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 375
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 12:15
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by WASD »

The way i see it is the company is failing to modernise despite huge investment over the past decade. I can only imagine the wool has been pulled over the shareholder's eyes. Directors and high up management sweeping issues and lack of evolving business model under the carpet due to incompetence.

CWU just ticking boxes wherever possible to justify their earnings, no real honesty or transparency or admitting their inability to negotiate gettting rid of RM's bullying program.

Bottom line staff demoralised, but happy in the actual job. Others happy to take the pee with generous sick pay being handed out left right and centre. Some plainly just don't care and are happy to ruin vans, litter, bend bday card, etc.

HR, another party who are hiding away in the office, ticking boxes but unable to address any issues down below. Employing people based off their identity rather than skills.

New CEOs, new shareholders, bought, sold, invested, management restructures, staff positivity investment, mass redundancies, mass re-employment, specialist training centres, brand imagine revival, customer surveys etc etc etc

Point being, nothing changes. Inept directors dodge bullets, bully DOMs somehow slip through the net, other managers get transferred as opposed to sacked, same cack, different day. RM will continue to be rubbish, with the good will of its good staff keeping it together. While always expecting staff to work more.

If you want change, change job. I've seen this BS before. Anyone who has done several jobs will say the exact same.

In answering your initial question, no, not worried. Change is needed, though i doubt it will happen.
I was done with this company pre CV, this last year was nail in the coffin for me caring anymore.
ronaldinho0097
Posts: 46
Joined: 05 Aug 2021, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by ronaldinho0097 »

I'm concerned about the immediate future. I love the job so much I want to be here for quite a while! I'm on a 6 month contract and just hope I'll be kept on. By the way our office looks I think there's a good chance I will be made permanent! :Very Happy On my second week now and loving it
Chelseablue
Posts: 2226
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by Chelseablue »

Concerned why this has been given the green light leading up to our busiest craziest time of year . The union recommend the carnage too , knowing jobs will fail everywhere . Where is terry and june ?
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by blacov »

Well lets put it this way. As long as they pay decent overtime and workloads are somehow manageable I do not really care. Turn up on time, do what you have agreed to do, get paid and repeat. Once the job is ruined so badly and there is no good overtime paid anymore then I am going to revert to start time and finish time, Honestly speaking I won't give a monkey how much I am expected to deliver as I will turn up on time and finish on time regardless. If job becomes really bad, broken to the point where it's not even slightly competitive compared to competitors and the job has been made a lot harder I will leave. I do not understand why people get so emotional about the future. At the end of the day you have a start and finish time. Senior management will have to sort something out if numerous DOs across the country will keep failing daily, DOs will have staff turnover increased five fold and shares will be rock bottom again. I just hope but there is not much faith that our union will somehow save us but given how bad they were recently it is really doubtful.
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by postiewhite »

Ive stopped worrying about this company. Que sera sera for me and im nearly 50. Life is too short. I take home £306 a week and I go into work to either face crap or get shoved from pillow to post and im 8 yrs in the job.
Im not saying I wanna leave but my pay doesn't justify the extra worry the future of this job has.
Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 318
Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by Jahpostie »

postiewhite wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2021, 17:51
Ive stopped worrying about this company. Que sera sera for me and im nearly 50. Life is too short. I take home £306 a week and I go into work to either face crap or get shoved from pillow to post and im 8 yrs in the job.
Im not saying I wanna leave but my pay doesn't justify the extra worry the future of this job has.
As a part time reserve I get done over daily with ridiculous workloads expected to be delivered. The peanuts of pay doesn't justify the worry but it is stressful on a daily basis and ruins your free time as you are broken physically. It just isn't worth it.
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by 2yearpostie »

Jahpostie wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2021, 18:31
postiewhite wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2021, 17:51
Ive stopped worrying about this company. Que sera sera for me and im nearly 50. Life is too short. I take home £306 a week and I go into work to either face crap or get shoved from pillow to post and im 8 yrs in the job.
Im not saying I wanna leave but my pay doesn't justify the extra worry the future of this job has.
As a part time reserve I get done over daily with ridiculous workloads expected to be delivered. The peanuts of pay doesn't justify the worry but it is stressful on a daily basis and ruins your free time as you are broken physically. It just isn't worth it.
Other jobs are available if your not happy. If you think you get paid peanuts it should be easy to find something better.
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by ssdd »

I'm more concerned about what's happening with the global picture rather than just with RM...

Internet of Bodies, AI, mass surveillance, infringement of rights...

It isn't conspiracy theory anymore. Science fiction is becoming Science fact.
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

WASD wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2021, 08:48
The way i see it is the company is failing to modernise despite huge investment over the past decade.
That’s what they want you to believe.

What huge investment have we had over the past decade? All I have witnessed is the assets of the business being stripped and sold off to pay dividends to shareholders. Look at the state of the buildings we are using, the age of the vans we are driving. The business has been cut to the bone not invested in.

The parcels hubs are a decade too late and financed by borrowing. You can’t blame the frontline staff either for failure to modernise (whatever modernising looks like). The job is totally different to the one I joined up to do.
Jahpostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 318
Joined: 23 Aug 2018, 16:17
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by Jahpostie »

2yearpostie wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2021, 18:49
Jahpostie wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2021, 18:31
postiewhite wrote: ↑
25 Aug 2021, 17:51
Ive stopped worrying about this company. Que sera sera for me and im nearly 50. Life is too short. I take home £306 a week and I go into work to either face crap or get shoved from pillow to post and im 8 yrs in the job.
Im not saying I wanna leave but my pay doesn't justify the extra worry the future of this job has.
As a part time reserve I get done over daily with ridiculous workloads expected to be delivered. The peanuts of pay doesn't justify the worry but it is stressful on a daily basis and ruins your free time as you are broken physically. It just isn't worth it.
Other jobs are available if your not happy. If you think you get paid peanuts it should be easy to find something better.
Don't you worry I'll be away soon enough
hawkeye622
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by hawkeye622 »

Other jobs are available if your not happy. If you think you get paid peanuts it should be easy to find something better.
[/quote]

There is always one ahole :pray
2yearpostie
Posts: 1839
Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
Gender: Male

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by 2yearpostie »

hawkeye622 wrote: ↑
26 Aug 2021, 10:28
Other jobs are available if your not happy. If you think you get paid peanuts it should be easy to find something better.
There is always one ahole :pray
[/quote]

What is wrong with my previous statement?, hes not happy and wants more pay, good luck if he gets a decent job with higher pay, theres nothing to keep him at RM.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2226
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: who is very concerned about our future?

Post by Chelseablue »

You came across an ahole apologies but u did .