ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Clock IN & OUT
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Re: Clock IN & OUT
Honestly, it would be easier if they paid us up to 1.30pm contractually and then did everything over this time on a clock out system.
Theoretically this way it should save them money and save us hassle.
Theoretically this way it should save them money and save us hassle.
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Clock IN & OUT
That's great! With that kind of thinking you've just reduced our contracted hours!
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Re: Clock IN & OUT
There's nothing they can do with SISO sign in sign out for the next couple of years ,
It's one big data building exercise.
Managers still to use 552s for overtime etc .
But I can guarantee you after the 3 year trial maybe 2 years they will analyse the data and get an agreement with cwu to do what's best to save money and the list could go on for savings across the full of royalmail delivery distribution processing etc
It's one big data building exercise.
Managers still to use 552s for overtime etc .
But I can guarantee you after the 3 year trial maybe 2 years they will analyse the data and get an agreement with cwu to do what's best to save money and the list could go on for savings across the full of royalmail delivery distribution processing etc
-
priority102
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 520
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Clock IN & OUT
Like everything else, it will be softly softly to start with to get the anti-everything posties used to it, but slowly and surely it will be tuned completely in RM's favour, no doubt whatsoever about that. The CWU will take the stance they currently have on it but as future negotiations between RM and the CWU happen the CWU will gradually capitulate as they always do - lose A in order to get a little B, etc etc. Same old stuff.
PDA Actuals were not going to be used as a weapon were they? But look at how the data from them started very low key but has gradually come to the forefront to become the daily beating stick that it is now! RM=1, CWU=0.
Working your paid hours has been the mantra of RM for a few years now (fully agreed with the CWU), and all clocking in/out is doing is tipping the cards towards RM as usual. Why would they invest so much in it now if there wasn't any long term financial gain?
To those who still don't think this will happen, come back and re-read this post in a couple of years time!
With every tweak, the posties future is bleak!
PDA Actuals were not going to be used as a weapon were they? But look at how the data from them started very low key but has gradually come to the forefront to become the daily beating stick that it is now! RM=1, CWU=0.
Working your paid hours has been the mantra of RM for a few years now (fully agreed with the CWU), and all clocking in/out is doing is tipping the cards towards RM as usual. Why would they invest so much in it now if there wasn't any long term financial gain?
To those who still don't think this will happen, come back and re-read this post in a couple of years time!
With every tweak, the posties future is bleak!
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Clock IN & OUT
I had this exact same issue last week when I finished 90 minutes early. I’m a reserve so I can’t look at a rural round I’ve not done for 6 months and accurately gauge how long it takes and inform a manager that I’ll be done way before time. Instead I took everything, bundled it up, did vehicle checks took a break etc. It was one of those days where everyone was in, very little traffic, even every traffic light seemed to be on green. I had no signal so couldn’t ring a manager to ask what they wanted me to do.on_the_way_OUT wrote: ↑21 Aug 2021, 19:42You finish 45 mins early..... what do you do sit in a cafe for 45 mins with the PDA Actuals reporting as such or go back to the office and sit in the canteen? A lot of the time there just isn't the extra work to take you to your time.
So I either sat in the van for 90 minutes or come back and see what they wanted me to do. I chose the latter, when I got back all the managers had gone anyway.
It’s a bit different for me as I am on a 5 hour a day contract but usually get asked in early to prep, so I’d already done my 5 hours. Will be interesting to see if they dock my morning OT by 90 minutes.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
2yearpostie
- Posts: 1839
- Joined: 03 Mar 2020, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Clock IN & OUT
If you didnt work any longer (length of time ) than your contract (ie 5 hrs) then you didnt do any ot and shouldnt have claimed. (eg 7am-12pm ips and delivery is the same as 9am-2pm just delivery as they are both just 5 hours)HTPostman wrote: ↑22 Aug 2021, 10:44I had this exact same issue last week when I finished 90 minutes early. I’m a reserve so I can’t look at a rural round I’ve not done for 6 months and accurately gauge how long it takes and inform a manager that I’ll be done way before time. Instead I took everything, bundled it up, did vehicle checks took a break etc. It was one of those days where everyone was in, very little traffic, even every traffic light seemed to be on green. I had no signal so couldn’t ring a manager to ask what they wanted me to do.on_the_way_OUT wrote: ↑21 Aug 2021, 19:42You finish 45 mins early..... what do you do sit in a cafe for 45 mins with the PDA Actuals reporting as such or go back to the office and sit in the canteen? A lot of the time there just isn't the extra work to take you to your time.
So I either sat in the van for 90 minutes or come back and see what they wanted me to do. I chose the latter, when I got back all the managers had gone anyway.
It’s a bit different for me as I am on a 5 hour a day contract but usually get asked in early to prep, so I’d already done my 5 hours. Will be interesting to see if they dock my morning OT by 90 minutes.
-
doob
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Clock IN & OUT
Exactly as above poster said, you should of not claimed overtime. We have a couple that do this same thing in our office. Come in early and claim overtime for sorting then go home 2 hours early. That’s where Royal Mail could save money I bet there are a few in every office
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Clock IN & OUT
If you didnt work any longer (length of time ) than your contract (ie 5 hrs) then you didnt do any ot and shouldnt have claimed. (eg 7am-12pm ips and delivery is the same as 9am-2pm just delivery as they are both just 5 hours)
No offence guys but this is utter nonsense.Exactly as above poster said, you should of not claimed overtime.
If management ask you to come in early on overtime you claim that overtime. It's then up to them to put the work in front of you for your contracted hours.
It's not our place or responsibility to manage workload or resource. Doing what you say is exactly what weakens our negotiating position and more for the likes of Amazon.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Clock IN & OUT
I agree with woody.Woody Guthrie wrote: ↑22 Aug 2021, 13:48If you didnt work any longer (length of time ) than your contract (ie 5 hrs) then you didnt do any ot and shouldnt have claimed. (eg 7am-12pm ips and delivery is the same as 9am-2pm just delivery as they are both just 5 hours)No offence guys but this is utter nonsense.Exactly as above poster said, you should of not claimed overtime.
If management ask you to come in early on overtime you claim that overtime. It's then up to them to put the work in front of you for your contracted hours.
It's not our place or responsibility to manage workload or resource. Doing what you say is exactly what weakens our negotiating position and more for the likes of Amazon.
I start at 9:10am. If i get asked in early to do ips I will claim it even if I finish early.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12195
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Clock IN & OUT
How rare is it for there to be absolutely no work available at a DO (including things like cleaning vans out and preping D2D)?
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Clock IN & OUT
Not rare at all.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑22 Aug 2021, 15:28How rare is it for there to be absolutely no work available at a DO (including things like cleaning vans out and preping D2D)?
Offices are meant to clear on a daily basis so if there's work left something has gone wrong.
You could fart around looking for something to do but there's value work and non-value work.
Non-value work is just looking busy but like the name says it has no value to the business.
D2D is resourced into the daily workplan so if you do tomorrow's D2D today all that happens is the guys get out earlier tomorrow and finish even earlier. Again non-value work.
Only dead fish follow the current
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Clock IN & OUT
Ain't happening ever
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Clock IN & OUT
I'd love to work in one of these offices where people are scratching around trying to fufill all their contracted hours ...... it must be nice.
We never really have "Light" days. There's days when you might ONLY have to claim 15 mins presssure and they feel "Light", but most of the time we're doing a full days work .... and then some.
There's a couple of individuals that manage to ONLY work their contacted hours .... it's taken them years of bitching & moaning to get to that point, with constant wingeing to keep them there. The rest of just do what we can to get through the day.
We never really have "Light" days. There's days when you might ONLY have to claim 15 mins presssure and they feel "Light", but most of the time we're doing a full days work .... and then some.
There's a couple of individuals that manage to ONLY work their contacted hours .... it's taken them years of bitching & moaning to get to that point, with constant wingeing to keep them there. The rest of just do what we can to get through the day.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
HTPostman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1507
- Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Clock IN & OUT
I will just add that’s probably the only time I’ve ever finished more than an hour early. 99% of the time I work my hours or the OT given. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve finished more than 20 minutes early.
Managers put my OT as 7.15 till 9.50 (then 9.50 till 14.50 as my contracted 5 hours). Or similar eg on a Tuesday 7.50 till 9.30, then 9.30 to 14.30 as my hours. So as far as I’m concerned I’ve done the OT so I’m signing for it and if a manager cared to stay past midday they could’ve instruct me to go back out and do extra. It’s not for me to decide to jump back in the van and take loops from another round out or prep someone’s D2D. The latter is difficult anyway as most people don’t fill in their sheet.
Managers put my OT as 7.15 till 9.50 (then 9.50 till 14.50 as my contracted 5 hours). Or similar eg on a Tuesday 7.50 till 9.30, then 9.30 to 14.30 as my hours. So as far as I’m concerned I’ve done the OT so I’m signing for it and if a manager cared to stay past midday they could’ve instruct me to go back out and do extra. It’s not for me to decide to jump back in the van and take loops from another round out or prep someone’s D2D. The latter is difficult anyway as most people don’t fill in their sheet.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.
526
526
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Clock IN & OUT
Do the job , do your hours , go home . Esp way things are going , do the job properly , no starting early, taking any shortcuts etc etc .