ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ordering the New Uniform Range

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I been told by my colleagues that have already tried to order the New Uniform that they've had to order EVERYTHING! :shock:

The system won't let you move on until you've ordered EVERY item, which seems a bit wasteful to me. :hmmmm There's 3 styles of Head Gear and you've got to order one of each! :crazy:

Anybody been given a sensible explanation? :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by ssdd »

Probably to make sure you/RM are 'covered'. Literally and figuratively...
Zicomurphy
Posts: 579
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 06:40
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by Zicomurphy »

As part of the new uniform rollout, you will be asked to submit your order for the full wardrobe. System will not allow you to check out, unless you select every item that is available to you.

The new uniform range is completely different to current, the fabrics are breathable & lighter weight and we have introduced a flexible layering system so people can dress according to the weather outside and their own body temperatures, the outerwear fabrics are showerproof / waterproof and breathable.

We appreciate not everyone will wear certain items from the current range, however we wanted to give everyone the opportunity to try all the products in the new range as they are very different.

Once the wearer packs have been despatched they can try the items on and if they then decide they would absolutely never wear the product they can of course return it back to Dimensions and it will go back onto the shelf.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Zicomurphy wrote: ↑
19 Aug 2021, 20:52
Once the wearer packs have been despatched they can try the items on and if they then decide they would absolutely never wear the product they can of course return it back to Dimensions and it will go back onto the shelf.
Thanks for the Info Z. :thumbup

Still sounds like a waste of time & money to me, but then perhaps I'm so thick I couldn't work out what I would, and would not, wear until I've actually "Tried it on" :hmmmm

I'm sure once I've felt the breathable lightweight fabric I'll be convinced to keep the entire range! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Hammer59
Posts: 33
Joined: 24 Mar 2011, 19:50
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by Hammer59 »

I had 42 items allocated to me, bot could only order 19 due to allocation being fulfilled. All went through OK.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by daveyeff »

cant wait to try on the latex ''gimp suit'' :Very Happy
ssdd
Posts: 2053
Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by ssdd »

daveyeff wrote: ↑
20 Aug 2021, 17:06
cant wait to try on the latex ''gimp suit'' :Very Happy
You can use the little pouch thing to cover your dangly bits... Just watch them pliers don't catch you! :chuckle
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by daveyeff »

yes, you can use it for your PDA......''personal dangley attachment'' :Very Happy
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by olilew »

Apart from the new trainers, there is not a single item of 'waterproof' clothing. Showerproof or water resistant doesn't cut it. There is no waterproof coat and there never has been.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
Canyouclosethegate
Posts: 11
Joined: 09 Jun 2021, 21:22
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by Canyouclosethegate »

Same here. Told my manager I have nowhere to put it, got told I would be assigned a locker next week. Still waiting 3 weeks...

I think it's all been ordered but I will just have to refuse all the extra bits since I have literally nowhere to store it other than my car.
zombiepostman
Posts: 41
Joined: 17 Apr 2014, 18:13
Gender: Male

Re: Ordering the New Uniform Range

Post by zombiepostman »

we have been told its only data capture and the uniform wont be with us until next spring