Hi I have been off sick with mental heath issues for nearly 8 months
and still can't see a way back . I am 61 . I am now on half pay . My question is will or when would rm offer ihr or will they just leave me until I'm on no pay and just hope I can go back .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Long term sick
-
ssdd
- Posts: 2053
- Joined: 06 Sep 2018, 22:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Long term sick
Have a look at this:
Clean link...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Ill ... ummary.pdf
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Ill ... ummary.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
staff1974
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 11 Jan 2015, 09:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Long term sick
Won`t go in to details but ive been on long term sick for a year and a half now, had 2 occupational health calls both stating i am not and will not be able to do any work for the forseeable future yet i have to attend a conference call at the office with my boss, his boss and the cwu rep about a back to work plan. gaffer stated that IHR isn`t a route the company wants to go down anymore
-
Sugar
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
- Gender: Female
Re: Long term sick
That is usually decided by OH after they do a face to face assessment but during that assessment you can state that that's the route you'd like or think is the best course of action for your long term recovery.Sputters2017 wrote: ↑13 Aug 2021, 14:15My question is will or when would rm offer ihr or will they just leave me until I'm on no pay and just hope I can go back .
It's what I did and OH agreed with me.
Your question was answered in this thread previously.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=101426
Speak to your union branch and request a OH referral with a via to IHR and ask your "gaffer" if you do return to work and it negatively impacts on your health and disability will they be willing to stand up in court and repeat what they told you that "IHR isn't a route the company wants to go down anymore" I'd also ask to see his and his bosses medical degrees as well seeing as they are going against what OH have previously stated that "due to the nature of my illness i would be considered as having a disability and that i wont be fit for the forseable future".
Your manager is an incompetent imbecile.
-
Woody Guthrie
- Posts: 5166
- Joined: 29 Sep 2018, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Long term sick
We've had 3 go on IHR terms in the past month alone.gaffer stated that IHR isn`t a route the company wants to go down anymore
Pretty much pushed out the door if I'm honest..
So manager talking shite scenario again.
Only dead fish follow the current