£14.05 per hour for Sunday. Thats was I got on the couple of shifts i've done on overtime. I'm guessing contractual will be the same. S/A will be higher.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sunday Pay Rates
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
-
Racingpostie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 23 Jun 2021, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
No need for the sarcasm, nothing is every straightforward here I have learnt in my short time here.POSTMAN wrote: ↑29 Jul 2021, 22:23The 3 you mentioned...Racingpostie wrote: ↑29 Jul 2021, 18:20Whilst we are on the topic of pay, can anyone help me out with the Supplements on Page 3 of the Pay rate guide. Do people get driving allowances, collection allowances and processing/walk bundling or is it all rolled into the Delivery functional supplement?
images/pdf/2/2_f74178903b43ae5671bf3bda ... 202021.pdf
Rates accurate if multiplying by 1.01 as of now.
driving allowances : not really anymore unless it's a large high top van
collection allowances : collection colleagues
processing/walk bundling : MC's and walk bundling centres.
The delivery supplement, is for delivery staff only. Monney is made up of old D2D monies.
The clues are in their name...
-
Racingpostie
- Posts: 94
- Joined: 23 Jun 2021, 15:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
Lucky lot if anyone is new and contracted to it in your office then.weary_posty wrote: ↑29 Jul 2021, 21:59We do in our office. In the end they were so desperate for Sunday staff they printed off a sheet to show how much you could earn by committing to Sundays and briefed us all on it one morning
-
RICARD020191962
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 06 Sep 2019, 13:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
Our office was briefed and told that if we had already worked our day off and therefore 6 days that we couldn't work on parcels on the Sunday due to Employment Law forbidding it. Can anyone verify this as it was a Manager doing the brief and am always sceptical when I hear them saying anything.
Thanks.
Thanks.
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
Your manager is partly correct, if you work 7 days you have to have 48 hours off the following week .RICARD020191962 wrote: ↑01 Aug 2021, 13:07Our office was briefed and told that if we had already worked our day off and therefore 6 days that we couldn't work on parcels on the Sunday due to Employment Law forbidding it. Can anyone verify this as it was a Manager doing the brief and am always sceptical when I hear them saying anything.
Thanks.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
-
Runnerdan
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 28 Dec 2020, 08:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
This is interesting, I worked 6 days this week just gone and got a text this morning asking if I’d go in to help with delivering tracked. I said no.. but still they obviously aren’t bothered when they are desperate.RICARD020191962 wrote: ↑01 Aug 2021, 13:07Our office was briefed and told that if we had already worked our day off and therefore 6 days that we couldn't work on parcels on the Sunday due to Employment Law forbidding it. Can anyone verify this as it was a Manager doing the brief and am always sceptical when I hear them saying anything.
Thanks.
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
It never fails to amaze me with this company that there is so much confusion for something so simple
Sunday (contracted)
Sunday Overtime
Sunday SA
Each individual payment is there in black and white on the pay grade sheet so there isn’t really an argument to not be paid it. If you are working Sunday as your contracted hours and not receiving higher rate I’d definitely ask your local or area rep to get involved.
I can’t figure out if this is a budgeting issue or poorly trained managers/reps
Sunday (contracted)
Sunday Overtime
Sunday SA
Each individual payment is there in black and white on the pay grade sheet so there isn’t really an argument to not be paid it. If you are working Sunday as your contracted hours and not receiving higher rate I’d definitely ask your local or area rep to get involved.
I can’t figure out if this is a budgeting issue or poorly trained managers/reps
-
TopperGas
- Posts: 3526
- Joined: 13 Feb 2021, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
Unless you complete the opt out form, I assume you can them work until you drop!P13 wrote: ↑01 Aug 2021, 13:28Your manager is partly correct, if you work 7 days you have to have 48 hours off the following week .RICARD020191962 wrote: ↑01 Aug 2021, 13:07Our office was briefed and told that if we had already worked our day off and therefore 6 days that we couldn't work on parcels on the Sunday due to Employment Law forbidding it. Can anyone verify this as it was a Manager doing the brief and am always sceptical when I hear them saying anything.
Thanks.
-
P13
- Posts: 1016
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 14:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
I don't think there is an opt out for that situation, the opt out allows you to work 70 hours a week instead of 48 hoursTopperGas wrote: ↑02 Aug 2021, 19:59Unless you complete the opt out form, I assume you can them work until you drop!P13 wrote: ↑01 Aug 2021, 13:28Your manager is partly correct, if you work 7 days you have to have 48 hours off the following week .RICARD020191962 wrote: ↑01 Aug 2021, 13:07Our office was briefed and told that if we had already worked our day off and therefore 6 days that we couldn't work on parcels on the Sunday due to Employment Law forbidding it. Can anyone verify this as it was a Manager doing the brief and am always sceptical when I hear them saying anything.
Thanks.
-
Blaine
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 13 Oct 2011, 20:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
I don't think there is anything legally stopping you working 7 days a week continuously, it only states you cannot legally be forced to so if you request a 48 hour break in a fortnight, it must by law be honoured. Since we are not contracted to work more than 5 days a week anyway we can just say no. There's a few of us at ours that work 7 days a week several weeks in a row, myself included, no manager says anything.
Is anyone here doing Sundays on contract that gets the highest rate and can post the lines from their Payslip to show what it looks like? Is the extra rate an allowance or is Sunday a separate line? I don't want to get fobbed off with just basic overtime rate if I'm not doing it as overtime anymore.
Is anyone here doing Sundays on contract that gets the highest rate and can post the lines from their Payslip to show what it looks like? Is the extra rate an allowance or is Sunday a separate line? I don't want to get fobbed off with just basic overtime rate if I'm not doing it as overtime anymore.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
Told off again.Racingpostie wrote: ↑30 Jul 2021, 20:22No need for the sarcasm, nothing is every straightforward here I have learnt in my short time here.POSTMAN wrote: ↑29 Jul 2021, 22:23The 3 you mentioned...Racingpostie wrote: ↑29 Jul 2021, 18:20Whilst we are on the topic of pay, can anyone help me out with the Supplements on Page 3 of the Pay rate guide. Do people get driving allowances, collection allowances and processing/walk bundling or is it all rolled into the Delivery functional supplement?
images/pdf/2/2_f74178903b43ae5671bf3bda ... 202021.pdf
Rates accurate if multiplying by 1.01 as of now.
driving allowances : not really anymore unless it's a large high top van
collection allowances : collection colleagues
processing/walk bundling : MC's and walk bundling centres.
The delivery supplement, is for delivery staff only. Monney is made up of old D2D monies.
The clues are in their name...
You might like/need this, thank me later.
GLOSSARY OF TERMS USED WITHIN ROYAL MAIL
We have a rude version, but that's only for my bff
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
I'll ask the Sunday guy with the contract about the payslip when I remember.Blaine wrote: ↑03 Aug 2021, 08:33I don't think there is anything legally stopping you working 7 days a week continuously, it only states you cannot legally be forced to so if you request a 48 hour break in a fortnight, it must by law be honoured. Since we are not contracted to work more than 5 days a week anyway we can just say no. There's a few of us at ours that work 7 days a week several weeks in a row, myself included, no manager says anything.
Is anyone here doing Sundays on contract that gets the highest rate and can post the lines from their Payslip to show what it looks like? Is the extra rate an allowance or is Sunday a separate line? I don't want to get fobbed off with just basic overtime rate if I'm not doing it as overtime anymore.
Regarding doing 7 days straight - There is something that states you cant do it. Union guy told us but I cant rem if its a union / rm agreement or a law thing. I think he said that u cant do a week without atleast one 24hr break between shifts. There are atleast 10 people I know who have broke this agreement / law. No-one bothered cause they struggle to find bodies for sundays
-
denhamhoop
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
It is law that if employees work 7 consecutive days they then have to take a 48 hour break in the following week but as with many health and safety laws within Royal Mail is only ever enforced when it suits the company
-
Tamsk
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 23 Mar 2016, 21:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Sunday Pay Rates
It's not a requirement, it's an entitlement; it works the same way as daily breaks. If you work through your break, then more fool you, but no law's been broken; but RM aren't allowed to make you do so. Similarly, if you choose to work 7 days a week, that's legal, but RM requiring you to isn't.
Relevant legislation for reference (Working Time Regulations 1998, as amended):
Relevant legislation for reference (Working Time Regulations 1998, as amended):
11.—(1) Subject to paragraph (2), a worker is entitled to an uninterrupted rest period of not less than 24 hours in each seven-day period during which he works for his employer.
(2) If his employer so determines, a worker shall be entitled to either—
(a)two uninterrupted rest periods each of not less than 24 hours in each 14-day period during which he works for his employer; or
(b)one uninterrupted rest period of not less than 48 hours in each such 14-day period,
in place of the entitlement provided for in paragraph (1).