ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Help
-
sam_morse
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 May 2021, 10:19
- Gender: Female
Help
I work in *********** & a friend of mine who knows I work for RM has asked for help, i told her i cant get involved personally as ive only recently started with RM but I said i can add a post on here to see if anyone can help, basically there is an obnoxious postman colleague who delivers in *********** & drives to fast for their residential road, litters with elastic bands, is rude & unhelpful. She has complained to the depot manager, RM complaints & postal reveiew to no avail & after i talked to other colleagues it seems other members of the public have also complained about him & even though ive been told he has been warned many times it seems once hes left the depot he is untouchable, what are her options? 
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4116
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Help
Yeah will get swept under the carpet by local dom, especially if the guy is rushing to get to his ghost overtime.TheTrolleyMan wrote: ↑21 Jul 2021, 16:55Don't bother contacting local office ( generally swept under the carpet ) get straight onto RM CUSTOMER SERVICES
-
PostmanBitesDog
- Posts: 1428
- Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
- Gender: Male
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Help
Re-reading the original post I don't think that the poster or the complainant work with the postie concerned.PostmanBitesDog wrote: ↑21 Jul 2021, 19:36Assuming he's breaking the speed limit, your friend shouldn't continue to work with him. Nobody should.
I don't know if the union would be of any help, but see what they have to say about all of this.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Help
Any complaints about Royal Mail Staff I always recommend going straight to customer services. It's then official, goes on the record and the DOM has to do something about it.
In the past so many people have phoned the Local Office only to be told, "Yes I'll do something about it", often by the guy in the locker room because the managers knocked off. NOTHING is ever done.
I carry some of the cards in my van with the Customer Service number on them. If anyone collars me complaining about their Postie I just give them a card.
In the past so many people have phoned the Local Office only to be told, "Yes I'll do something about it", often by the guy in the locker room because the managers knocked off. NOTHING is ever done.
I carry some of the cards in my van with the Customer Service number on them. If anyone collars me complaining about their Postie I just give them a card.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Help
Acca Dacca wrote: ↑27 Jul 2021, 15:29Jeez - wouldnt want to be in the trenches with some of you guys
TBH I wouldn't want to be in the Trenches with some of the Assholes that I work with either ... do you happen to know them? In a Business that's got over 100,000 employees (That's more than the British army) we've got more than our fair shair of idiots. Perhaps you're lucky and work with a really good reliable, trustworthy, helpful team, most of us don't!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)